threads
Page 1 of 1
Audio/Video \  thoughts on a component set?

thoughts on a component set?

Audio/Video Q & A
views 739
replies 7
following 7

jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
since i blew my shitty alpine type-s door speakers i'm gonna upgrade this week. i had them on head unit power for about 3 years so it was about time to get new ones anyway. i'm thinkin about getting the boston acoustic sc60 6.5" components. i love my boston subs, and i've heard nothing but good things about boston products. http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/ca...product_id=475 i'm gonna quit being lazy and hook up my other amp to power these. i'm gonna be using an orion cobalt 300.2 for the components. http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Product...?ProductID=569 any thoughts on how well this will work out? if you have better suggestions for a component set around the same price let me know. i'm set on using this amp since it's new and i already have it. but i'm open for opinions on the components. also, when installing a component set, where is the best place to mount the tweeters? on my last set i had them at the top of the a-pillar. i thought they sounded great but i am by no means a sound expert. is there anywhere to put them to get the most out of them?
vcminitrucker4lyfe   +1y
Sorry i'm not real familiar with boston's componets but you can't go wrong with a set of infinity Kappa or perfects and you can get awesome deal on them online. Also if you want to spend the loot JL Audio makes some amazing mids and highs. Good luck with your setup.
MaDeNMiAmi305   +1y

take a look at the boston pro60se. they are good quality at a good price. you can em for around $270.
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

For that price I would recommend the JL Audio C2650 components.
GraphicDisorder   +1y

I 3rd the recommendation of JL's.  I have 2 sets of ZR's in my Dmax and its ridiculously clean and loud.
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y
i don't wanna spend more than 200, if i do that, i'll have to upgrade my subs so they're not overpowered by the mids and highs, then i'll have to upgrade everything...it's a slippery slope, an expensive one ha.
BK2LIFE   +1y
im lookin into these JL Audio C2650.... wht amp are you guys running to them?    
It Hertz   +1y

check out Hybrid Audio Technology  Imagine Series  Hertz  Dieci line  Image Dynamics  CTX.
Page 1 of 1