Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  A Question for you Hydroholic guys

A Question for you Hydroholic guys

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 867
replies 7
following 8

sicndahead   +1y
Im goin to switch from AIR to a Hydroholics setup ver shortly and instead of askin u personally i figured it will help alot of other people if i asked u here. I just watched the video of the benz and it looks like there is a 1/6 setup???? I just want to know the difference between the 1/5 and the 1/6  setups and since i have an accord wagon, with me having a 1 pump setup will that affect the amount of fluid that the pump has since it will have to travel alonger distance to the front than a normal accord???? Hope that last question made sense????
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

With a 1-6 you get a slowdown for the front and one for the back.With a 1-5 you get only one slowdown (so the front will drop a little faster than the back since it weighs more).Other than that they're the same. You will not have a problem with a wagon...matter of fact we've done these on Magnums with no problems.  The Hydroholics pumps have threaded ports in their pumpheads so you can put pickup tubes on there if you need to maximize the fluid in the tank.  Glad to hear you're looking to make the swap.  Let me know if you have any other questions. Aaron@hydroholics.net
Juiced202   +1y
Edited: 6/28/2010 5:08:43 PM by Juiced202

Hey... The biggest difference between a 1-5 and a 1-6 is that a 1-6 has separate slowdowns for the front and rear (or in my case side-to-side). What this does is allows the slowdowns to be adjusted accordingly to have "pancake" down (where the front and rear drop at the same time). This can be seen in the video. That is the only big difference. As far as fluid is concerned, you should be fine with either/or. One will always lose a tiny amount of oil over time as residual from the cylinder constantly going up and down. That is normal, and maybe once every 3-6 months I need to top off my tank to be able to fully lock up.
tre5   +1y
I had a 1 pump 5 dump setup back in 2002 on my accord wagon. The pump was mounted under the car, all the way at the back, where the stock muffler used to be. ( I was running a supertrapp) Fluid was a little issue, but back then I had a RC Lowrider pump and the pump head was threaded just like the Hydroholics ones are now. I simply screwed a 90 degree fitting with a short piece of rubber tubing on it so I was using every bit of oil out of the tank. Never had a problem after that.  

post photo
post photo
RS   +1y

STILL LIKE THE WAY THAT REAR END CAME OUT. 
HarryBalls   +1y

That wagon was sick!!!!! Is it still around??
RODRIQUEZ2   +1y
Edited: 6/30/2010 8:17:15 AM by RODRIQUEZ2

Edited: 6/30/2010 8:15:59 AM by RODRIQUEZ2     Hi, this is really nice thread and informatic thread on hydrocloric . thanks for sharing information.  Chemist
Page 1 of 1