Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Rear keeps dropping

Rear keeps dropping

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 419
replies 7
following 5

artsar   +1y
I have a CCE 2 pump 4 dump set up plumbed so 1 pump is front and 1 is rear. The back end keeps dropping. I know its not the checks because if I close the slow down then it stops dropping. At first I thought maybe it was the dumps getting a power source from somewhere else and opening them but the wires from the dumps do not touch any of the other wires. I also took the solenoid off and it still drops. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
dragndime   +1y
if you close the slow downs, and it keeps dropping, its possibly the dump seal, which arent hard at all to change.
tukn18saccord   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by dragndimeif you close the slow downs, and it keeps dropping, its possibly the dump seal, which arent hard at all to change. ---------------------------------------------you hit the nail on the head with that one, it is your dumps i had the same problem when i had hydros
DRGN4DR   +1y
the dump stem either has bad seals, or has some debris stuck in it. i would get some dump rebuild kits, replace all seals and make sure theres nothing stuck inside. and also make sure ur dump solenoids are not swollen.
artsar   +1y
Edited: 6/23/2010 9:07:23 PM by artsar

ok thanks. second question. Can I just get a universal one or do I need to get one for my italian dumps? I went on the site and all it seems they have are the cartridge, o ring and coil. Other than that its just a new dump assembly
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Just get yourself an o-ring from the hardware store and match it up - will work fine. 
artsar   +1y
Edited: 6/24/2010 11:54:49 AM by artsar

Oh I just need an O-ring for the cartridge? Its safe to presume that the cartridge and and the coil are in normal working order...   EDIT: So at lunch I took the coils off and the O-rings look perfectly fine. With the coil off wouldn't that make the dump remain closed. I am starting to think that theres some debris in the dumps. Are there any other solutions. I was really looking forward to not taking the dumps off to take a look.
DRGN4DR   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by artsarEdited: 6/24/2010 11:54:49 AM by artsarOh I just need an O-ring for the cartridge? Its safe to presume that the cartridge and and the coil are in normal working order...   EDIT: So at lunch I took the coils off and the O-rings look perfectly fine. With the coil off wouldn't that make the dump remain closed. I am starting to think that theres some debris in the dumps. Are there any other solutions. I was really looking forward to not taking the dumps off to take a look.---------------------------------------------  So did you pull the cartridge out? If you only took the coils off there arent any o-rings on those. Did it continue to drop with the coils off?
Page 1 of 1