Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  97 4 door honda bagging

97 4 door honda bagging

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 3180
replies 42
following 23

IGotIssues   +1y
Edited: 6/21/2010 2:17:55 PM by IGotIssues

Edited: 6/21/2010 2:09:50 PM by IGotIssues^^  Is this guy serious?  Car buckled in the middle?  Did you hit something?  Better yet, did you even have accums, even springs, or were you rolling on cylinder only?  Next I would ask if you have any pics of this car and install because I would like pics of a propperly installed 24 volt set up that buckled a car.  As they say on other forums...... Pics or it didn't happen!
cookiemonster13   +1y

yes i believe he thinks he is serious

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by IGotIssuesEdited: 6/21/2010 1:40:48 PM by IGotIssues^^  Is this guy serious?  I would like to see pics of this car that he says a 24 volt set up on accums buckled.---------------------------------------------
2ToneSolara   +1y

There is no damn way that having juice and accumulators on 24v caused the car to buckle. There had to be abuse or something wrong with the car to begin with. Heck I run 24v with accumulators on a unibody car and it aint fast enough to hurt anything and rides pretty smooth too. I've had a civic and this body accord too i'm pretty sure the spindles aren't the same... maybe close but not the same, could be wrong though. I can bet Jeremy can build circles around you too do some research and see the stuff hes built if you don't think he's a professional.
20runner   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by dropped00civic --------------------------------------------- Originally posted by TOWNLOW Ha, but THAT did     Here's my points in a nutshell:   NO ONE HAS EVER MADE DROPPED SPINDLES FOR ACCORDS, only civics and integras. And like Tre5 said, the CIVIC dropped spindles hit the tire. You'd have to put 3/4" spacers on your wheels.   AIR CYLINDERS will do more structural damage to your car than bags or hydraulics could ever do.   THE BLUE ACCORD above has the biggest slider that could be put in it, I know, I measured it, ordered it, and installed it. car IS A 4-DOOR and has NEVER BUCKLED. We use to play games back in the day where every turn you take it'd have to be while doing a front 3- wheel. That was 9 YEARS AGO and like he said, has not buckled.   A little something called AN ACCUMULATOR makes a vehicle ride like a dream, and is fully adjustable.   You buckled a Honda on hydraulics with 24 volts????????????  WTF? My Legend, which is STILL BEING DRIVEN AROUND WITH THE SAME HYDRAULIC SETUP I put in it 7 years ago, had 60 VOLTS, would hop the front about 18+ inches on 18's with low pros and would bunny hop all 4 about a foot while driving, NEVER BUCKLED THE ROOF.  4 DOORS AND ALL.   IF the NHTSA catches wind that 4 door cars aren't as strong and safe as a 2 door, by 2012 all cars will only be available as coupes.     I hate to talk shit, but you REALLY have NO IDEA what you are talking about...      --------------------------------------------- well thats too bad cause the last i checked all civics integras and accords have the same spindles no difference ive owned them all and have a accord and integra now.  this was my point alot of people on here are full of shit cause you know why the civic is the base model for all of these, damn dude for real dont reply unless you do you research ive built more hondas than years you have been living ---------------------------------------------   REALLY, POST ON HERE RIGHT NOW OVER 28 DIFFERENT HONDA'S YOU HAVE BUILT? When's "the last time you checked all Honda spindles are the same", the early 80's??? The steering ball joint on Civic's faces down and Accord's face up to begin with, so yeah, you're right, SAME SPINDLE. Accord hub bearings are held on by 4 bolts and pressed on, Civic's are just pressed on, but SAME SPINDLE. Accord axle splines in hub are way bigger than Civics, that's why everyone that has done a h22 or h23 swap has to get there axles modified, wait SAME SPINDLE. Lower ball joints are bigger on Accords, but WAIT, I think the pitch for the upper ball joint might be the same!!!!!! Keep digging yourself into the "I OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT" hole, it's quite comical.     I'm not saying I'm a know-it-all, but I will say I KNOW MORE THAN YOU ON THIS TOPIC.  As a matter of fact, A LOT of these people on here know more than you.   SHOW A PIC OF AN ACCORD DROPPED SPINDLE. Go on any of the sites where there was Civic dropped spindles and look at the sections called FAQ. You will see that people asked about Accord dropped spindles and the companies response was "NOT AT THIS TIME". wHY THE FUCK WOULD THAT COMPANY NOT HAVE SOLD THEM "CIVIC" DROPPED SPINDLES IF THEY "ARE THE SAME"   last time you checked......moron.. 
drpitlo   +1y

Im not trying to start an argument with anyone but Ryane motorsports did make some dropped spindles for an accord at one point in time. I dont think you will find any anymore and I dont recommend cutting and rewelding yours since they are cast let a certified welder do them if you go that route. good luck to you its alot if work to lay on 20s and have it look good
loudciv   +1y
Edited: 6/21/2010 2:43:15 PM by loudciv

my accord layed pan, bout 3/4" from the plastic rockers (was almost on rockers by the time i let it go). to get it to lay on 18s here's what i can remember was done, not saying you HAVE to all of this, but this is how my car was done on bags. if you're trying to lay or get closer than 2" from the ground on 20s, you're going to be in for even more work. FWIW if i had to do it all over again, i WOULD have done juice & saved a ton of headaches by having to only fit a hydraulic ram instead of a bag. front-sectioned accord spindles because no one made any-front strut towers removed, cage built w/ bags on chassis tech adj upper arms-shocks run off lower arms to typical upper shock mount-motor & trans raised as high as possible w/o pulling motor & rebuilding passenger rail-notch rails for drive axles-driver side radius arm modifyed to clear crack pulley-sectioned header & raised exhaustrear -sectioned rear knuckle-upper arm lengthened & pivot moved inside of trunk to give a place for bag & camber adjustment-shocks ran off new upper lever arms-added turnbuckles rear lower arms because toe gets bad the lower you go-clearenced body in rear wheel wells near the door lock
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

There you have it.  Adam created one of the most amazing 94-97 Accords ever!  If there were to be an Accord God, it would be Adam. lol
HarryBalls   +1y

ID LIKE TO SEE PICS OF THIS "BUCKLED" ACCORD SURELY YOU DONT HAVE A CAR THAT" BUCKLES" ON YOU AND FORGET TO TAKE PICS!!!
doug118   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by TOWNLOW REALLY, POST ON HERE RIGHT NOW OVER 28 DIFFERENT HONDA'S YOU HAVE BUILT? When's "the last time you checked all Honda spindles are the same", the early 80's??? The steering ball joint on Civic's faces down and Accord's face up to begin with, so yeah, you're right, SAME SPINDLE. Accord hub bearings are held on by 4 bolts and pressed on, Civic's are just pressed on, but SAME SPINDLE. Accord axle splines in hub are way bigger than Civics, that's why everyone that has done a h22 or h23 swap has to get there axles modified, wait SAME SPINDLE. Lower ball joints are bigger on Accords, but WAIT, I think the pitch for the upper ball joint might be the same!!!!!! Keep digging yourself into the "I OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT" hole, it's quite comical.     ---------------------------------------------     THANK YOU!!!! you just saved me a bunch of typing! lol 92-00 civic and 94-01 integra suspension parts are 100% interchangable (minus rear lca on 96-00 civic, smaller strut bushing in middle then previous civic and integra)  
deerslayer706   +1y

lol...Thanks everyone on the info..Im ordering some air ride this weekend..imma go with the tubeing gage in the front..maybe get the spindles machined out..and pretty much get into it..and see what needs to be done..Better to start doing it, to see myself whats goin on..I will deff post pics of my progress for everyone..and maybe get some help from ya on the way..