Page 2 of 5
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  97 4 door honda bagging

97 4 door honda bagging

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 3181
replies 42
following 23

deerslayer706   +1y

"dropped00civic" Your the first to actually help me...U basically told me everything i need to know..Where can i order some drop spindles.....btw...IM NOT PUTTING JUICE ON A HONDA....its not a 64 impala thats gonna be in the next new snoop dogg hip-hop video..LOL!!!...Ive been searching and seems like everybody who puts air cylinders in the rear, get pretty low..but the front is high...soo think it will level out with cans in the rear and bags in the front??

FievalFON   +1y
Edited: 6/20/2010 4:11:30 PM by FievalFON

Let me shed a little light on that last civic as it happens to be mine, lol.  Your getting into a whole heap of work and money to spend brother.  Theres more hours into it than it looks, I promise.  What you dont see in the photos is that the firewall has been tubbed, motor has been raised 3 inches, custom frame rails built from firewall forward to the core support, custom built and balanced axles (shortened 1" 1/2 and machined bearing cups , custom built spindles as they do not make them for a civic any longer, had to go with geo metro booster and remote resavoir, etc.  Take it from a guy thats already done it, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON A HONDA, build an old school whip like bel air or 61 buick.   If your gonna go balls out  anyways, best of luick to you.  Keep us posted on the build, Id love to see some pics, maybe even can help you out a bit along the way.    
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
deerslayer706   +1y

I know its a ton of work...Ive built couple of bagged and bodydropped trucks..Its sooo much bs on a honda that needs to be done just to get low..lol...Its allmost easier gettin a yota clip and build a whole frame for the mofo..Still debateing if i wanna do all the work that needs to be done...might just throw cans on it..
FievalFON   +1y

Well Ill be honest, if i had it all to do over again I would have built a full chassis for it and made it rear wheel drive.  I say go that route if your gonna do it.  
tre5   +1y

"Do not do juice".... that's funny. The car will buckle? Maybe if YOU juiced it it would, lol. Doing hydraulics is no different than bagging it when you are talking about a car folding in half. The benifits of hydraulics on a car far surpass bags. I don't want to get into a debate about it, but it will ride better, lift more, and be more reliable with hydraulics, PERIOD! You're right, it's not a 64 impala, so don't juice it like one. Don't put 10 batteries in the back and run 3 ton hopping coils. Run 2 batteries and no springs, just accumulators. It will ride like a stock car. The other thing that no one is telling you is that drop spindles won't work with 20's. Go look at the room between your tire and the upper control arm ball joint nut on the spindle. Now put on larger wheels and shorten the height of the spindle.... it doesn't work, does it? The best way I have seen it done was on a white one out here at our show 2 years ago. He did the whole tubular sub frame in the front, made new upper arms, but instead of bolting to the ball joint taper on the spindle he made a mount on the factory spindle that had tabs off the back side of the spindle and mounted the upper arm there with a heim. O yeah, it was juiced as well. Didn't even buckle in the middle.... go figure
post photo
deerslayer706   +1y

lol...Im a "airride" person...But i do see where hydro's are good as well...This is gonna be a weekend driver...Ill probly go with cans for the mean time..If i decide to go lower and much more into it..Ill do it later on..This is a good idea on puttin a mountin tab on backside of spindle soo it dont hit the tire..Little more money then i wanna spend right now..machine shop cost on doin spindles..full tube work in the front..etc..I do appreciate everyones help... I'll be ordering some air stuff in next couple weeks to get this started..Even thow its nothin hard..ill still post pics of the progress of puttin the cans on...Anyone know how low the sideskirts will be wid cans?
cookiemonster13   +1y

as i said in my last post the spindles and the half shafts will be a problem, but as was said earlier none of the posts before dropped00civic were of any use. so i am sorry i wasted peoples time with my lack of knowledge. good luck with your cans, didnt take you long to give up on making it lay on 20s.
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
I love it when people say they want to lay flat unibody and then they quickly resort to air cans as the answer?  I've driven my accord daily (back in the day) lower than what can's drop provides.  If you want air and you want to sit low, do a tubular custom frame/with bags on the arms/cantilever.  If you want your car as low as possible without major modifications hydraulic is your answer.  I don't know about in your part of the country but out west we poke fun of air cans on cars (not just the juice guys).  Just my $0.02
tukn18saccord   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5"Do not do juice".... that's funny. The car will buckle? Maybe if YOU juiced it it would, lol. Doing hydraulics is no different than bagging it when you are talking about a car folding in half. The benifits of hydraulics on a car far surpass bags. I don't want to get into a debate about it, but it will ride better, lift more, and be more reliable with hydraulics, PERIOD! You're right, it's not a 64 impala, so don't juice it like one. Don't put 10 batteries in the back and run 3 ton hopping coils. Run 2 batteries and no springs, just accumulators. It will ride like a stock car. The other thing that no one is telling you is that drop spindles won't work with 20's. Go look at the room between your tire and the upper control arm ball joint nut on the spindle. Now put on larger wheels and shorten the height of the spindle.... it doesn't work, does it? The best way I have seen it done was on a white one out here at our show 2 years ago. He did the whole tubular sub frame in the front, made new upper arms, but instead of bolting to the ball joint taper on the spindle he made a mount on the factory spindle that had tabs off the back side of the spindle and mounted the upper arm there with a heim. O yeah, it was juiced as well. Didn't even buckle in the middle.... go figure---------------------------------------------o yeah let lissen to the place thats SELLS HYDROS, of course hes going to say its the same as bags lol lol lol, ive had hondas buckle in the middle from hydros i know. o and wait i had 2 batteries and yes bags can do the same thing but they are softer and not as stiff, i had cool cars check mine out and they said it was cause but the hydros on A 4 DOOR NON FRAME CAR.   i think ill trust the pros with this one. but thats cool clown if ya want its easy to say shit to people when the car dosent belong to you.. but anyway there was a form on here that had the site for the drop spindles been awhile since i really got on here cause so many people are full of shit. if i find them ill let ya know.
post photo