Page 1 of 5
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  97 4 door honda bagging

97 4 door honda bagging

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 3164
replies 42
following 23

deerslayer706   +1y
Sup guys...Fairly new to this site..Im usually on s10-forum.. But.. I recently got a 97 honda accord...I wanna bag it on 20s to lay body..Was thinking a trailor axle in the rear,4-link...etc..For the front..Been searching and browsing..and seems ya put the bags on the top control arm...But what other work...or any details am i missing to make it lay on 20s...Like..the control arms hittin the hood? Do i need any drop spindles or....Im lost..Any pics and detailed work will be great...BTW..This is not my first time cutting up automobiles...just first time messing with a car..Heres how the car looks now..

cookiemonster13   +1y

hydraulics will be easier but to lay on the side skirts and have 20s on it you are in for a TON of work! it is more than just suspension jack the car up and get you a 6 foot level lay it from one rocker to the other side to side and drag it back anything that hits needs to be raised. good luck  
deerslayer706   +1y

Work is'nt the issue....Just knowing what to do with the front suspension to lay out is the problem..If i can get it real close to layin, might call it quits there..Any info on front suspension on laying on 20s?
YUH8IN96   +1y

mines on 19s with only cutting only the top of the strut towers an thats as low as its gonna get. i was gonna do 20s but there way to much work involved. there a couple ppl on here that are doing theres on lik truck frames lik s-10 or yota frames an thats how there getting them to lay. a couple others have the bags on the control arms but sometimes it dosent clear the hood doing it lik that. if i had to do it all over again id juice mine cuz u get pretty dam low an u get plenty of lift.
deerslayer706   +1y
What if i put cylinders on it...How low could i go with them...And...Could i just raise all the towers up as far as i could go to lay out?
cookiemonster13   +1y

you are going to have problems with the control arms and the spindles and the half shafts being in the way and binding. i am trying to explain to you, it is not the front suspension that is your only problem go outside and look under your car.
deerslayer706   +1y

Ive allready looked under the car...nothin hangs down that low..lowest thing is exhaust and its maybe 1/2 down from layin subframe
YUH8IN96   +1y

yea if u raise the towers youll have alot of problems an ull never get a 20 to untuck. the only thing i could think of that sits low on the car is the crossmember in the front thats the only thing that will prevent u from going low. its alot more work than u think to get these cars on the ground nthe only reason y i havent tryed anything is because i drive mine everyday an every where
tukn18saccord   +1y

ive been reading thru this and so far i havent seen one thing that is helping you, being a honda builder this is what you have to do, they do make drop spindles you will need these to lay in the front, also you are going to need some tubbing to build a sub frame over the motor and attach to the factory sub frame in the fron and fire wall. this will also be used to mount the bag on, you will have to do a bag plate on the control arm and you do have to cut just about the entire wheel well out.for 20s ,,(DO NOT DO HYDROS) on a 2 door that would be fine but a for door you WILL BUCKLE THE CAR IN THE MIDDLE the back you should have no problem with trailer axel and 4 link do it as you would a truck. O AND AS FAR AS CONTROL ARMS HITTING USE A ECLIPSE HOOD BUBBLES TO HELP CLEAR THE BAGS AND MOUNTS.    this is going to be alot of work i hope your ready for it good luck
juicedwagon   +1y

i like the " (DO NOT DO HYDROS) " do hydraulics of you want, its not gonna hurt you, but you will find more cars that have beem done on bags.