Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  WIERD AXLE SWAY

WIERD AXLE SWAY

Isuzu Make Specific
views 508
replies 5
following 4

framekiller   +1y
i have a 92 zu with bags over axle. the top bars are mounted close to the middle as possable( butted right up next to the diff. my question is why does the ass feel like im swaying. is it cuz the front is a lil off in the front height wise.do i need a panhard bar. i cant figure it out i feel like something is going to brake or something.    i think im going to pull the bed off this sat. and make sure its all tight and lubed up.
jbegnaud   +1y
can you better explain what type of setup you have? pics of it would be perfect. 3 link? 4 link? if you don't have either a wishbone setup, triangulated upper bars, panhard bar, or watts link, there's your problem.
fabricationnation   +1y
probably best to post some pics.  If its triangulated then you probably dont have the triangulated bars angled enough to stop the sway. if its parallel then you need a panhard or watts.   best fix for the triangulated problem is to redo the bars or add a panhard
framekiller   +1y

sorry the uppers are triangulated but im thinking there not angled far enough. ill post some pics too. would i be able to use a wishbone setup from an s10. i was looking a at friends and it looks like i would be able to.
onelozu   +1y

as for the swaying,are you sure its not simple like loose bolts or worn bushings?? do you have bushings,super pivots or heims? and as for the wishbone,do you have the japanese vin(jaa) or american(4s1)? im pretty sure the us rear is the same as an s10 just 6lug
framekiller   +1y

yeah mine is a 4s1.  now new ?????????   does the placement of the front lower mount matter. cuz my front is lower on one side. i think the hole for the nut ios off causing the front to wave. would this cause the rear to sway.  no shocks on front

Page 1 of 1