threads
Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  Rodeo engine/tranny swap into amigo?

Rodeo engine/tranny swap into amigo?

Isuzu Make Specific
views 659
replies 3
following 4

graffix   +1y
Would an isuzu rodeo engine /tranny/etc just swap right into an amigo?

My amigo right now has no engine,etc. And a 350 or whatnot is just going to be way over my cost. But i found a great deal on a rodeo thats got a v6 with auto tranny. Just wondering if i could just swap everything over without many problems. ANyone know??

boooghar   +1y

I cant speak for for the Isuzu fan base but heres a idea ...... Call your local salvage / junk yard that deals with newer vehicles, they should, not saying they will, but they should have a data base in thier computer system (if they have one) that tells you if a particular engine like your rodeo will go into an amigo .... The salvage yard I deal with has such a system, if know one up there has a clue or you dont get a responce from a isuzu junkie on here, lemmie know
shortrodeo   +1y
Yes a Rodeo power tranny from the same model years it will fit into your amego. You will need to bring the engine harness and probably the dash harness and computer with the engine swap most likely. As the trannys are computer controlled so if that tuck wasn't an auto before it won't have the right harness.

Miles
92zuzuman   +1y
Edited: 7/3/2010 11:46:16 PM by 92zu

What rodeo motor are you trying to use exactly? if its a 3.2L it involves a bellhousing swap and some other bullshit wiring etc. On isuzupup.com and planetisuzoo.com forums theres a guy named lowzone who put one in a pup. Ive seen the truck in person too.... Ask him he knows a lot about it.
Page 1 of 1