threads
Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  need hopping dumps for accumulators!

need hopping dumps for accumulators!

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 637
replies 3
following 3

Sal   +1y
Last summer, I installed accumulators on all four corners on a friend's Chevelle. I wanted to give him the option to be able to hop the front, so, I installed a dump on each front corner. The design of the dump (normally closed) is a commonly closed design meaning, when you apply power to the dump solenoid, it then opens the path on the output side of the dump plunger valve. This is the same style dump that you would use to drop a corner or a side of your ride. the problem here is, in order to be able to switch the ride control in the front, it requires power to be applied to the dump solenoid while the car is in motion to keep the path open to the accumulator. This is hell to the dump solenoids!!! the reason being there is no other way to plumb it. NOW. If I had a different style dump valve (normally open) it would allow the driver to hit the switch to be able to hop the car all the same but, it would only be applying power to the dump valve solenoid while the car is being hopped.. much easier on the solenoid/dump body/dump plunger valve.  I hear prohopper used to sell them but... it seems there isn't much of a way to get a hold of those guys these days. anyone know of anywhere else I can find the style dump I'm looking for?
tre5   +1y

I know it wouldn't be switch actuated, but you could just throw some slow downs in line with the accumulators.
slow50   +1y

its been a while since ive been into lowriders but im pretty sure the adel or adex dumps have a normaly open and normaly closed on them. i know there is three ports on one dump and you would have to plug one off. but those dumps are pricey. also the big greens theres a switch on it that manually opens the valve but i think it also switches it to normaly open. but those are even more pricey and harder to come by. if you search on ebay for hydraulic valve some times you can find then but most of those that arent aircraft or meant for a car are gona fail after a while especially if your gona hop it. check out layitlow.com its a lowerider forum with tons of info on hydros.
Sal   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5I know it wouldn't be switch actuated, but you could just throw some slow downs in line with the accumulators.--------------------------------------------- yeah, I was considering the parker colored band style. They only limit the flow in one direction which could be cool for the ability to tune the ride. I'd just like it adjustable from in the car if possible :\ There's soooo many different dump valves on the market, I wish there was a source that had a parts data base.. because the only thing you should have to replace would be the plunger valve (cartridge). I don't see when you would have to replace the block unless it's a completely different design.  any idea if there is a standard design out there? as far as bore size and thread along with depth of the cartridge and lower seal diameter and bore etc? It would make life WAY easier. maybe it's time to further this revolution....... the aero-nautical style valves are still in use today because they are still holding up from years and years ago. that or it's NOS parts.  why isn't there a simplified and standardized updated design available?
Page 1 of 1