threads
Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  Patents and new product ideas?

Patents and new product ideas?

General Discussion
views 658
replies 8
following 3

huskerdually   +1y
I've had a couple ideas brewing in my head for a while now. One is bicycle related and the other is a tool for boats. I don't really want to build them myself just maybe patent the ideas and sell the idea. The tool would be pretty easy to build, but the bicycle part would worry me about safety and liability issues.

Any one ever pursue anything like this?
lockone   +1y
Best thing to do is to build a model or working part...Then you shop it to patent companies and other outlets...Get a patent...Manufacture and sale, sale, sale.

I used to have a family member that was a Patent Attorney for years and that is what he told me to do on my first one.
huskerdually   +1y
How pricey does a patent get? I see a lot of patent crap on the internet but I don't think it's legitimate.
lockone   +1y
Its based on product and paperwork. Most mine were around $300.
huskerdually   +1y
So what do you have patents on?
low95xlt   +1y
probably wheels
huskerdually   +1y
Trevor did you do a patent search?
lockone   +1y
I searched for the governing body of patents and I cant remember the name of it now but it is an actual Gov't agency. All you have to do is call them and describe what you have and they can tell you if there is already a patent on it. I have a few patents that have absolutely nothing to do with the business I am in and they will probably never get used but if the time comes that they are need...CHA-CHING.
huskerdually   +1y
I can't find either of my ideas to buy, and I did a quick search on the U.S. patent office's web site and haven't come up with anything yet.
Page 1 of 1