threads
Page 1 of 4
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Juiced 06-10 civics?

Juiced 06-10 civics?

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1351
replies 39
following 18

Bentlay   +1y
Has anyone seen a NBS civic on juice? Either the coupe or the sedan? i am thinkin about getting a coupe, but looking at the rear lower arms, they look really thin and weak. Also there doesnt look like there is a solid place to mount the cylinders since there is a shock/spring setup and not a strut. the spring is only about 6" from the arm to the body at full lift, and the shock mount is off a little tab on the lower arm. Any help is appreciated.

tuckinlugs06   +1y

hydrohaulics have one ...its blue i think
Bentlay   +1y

you're probobally thinking about Rogers blue Accord Coupe... He also did a white coupe too. I dont think ive seen them do a new civic? i checked their myspace pages, and didnt see one.

tre5   +1y
Edited: 4/26/2010 4:52:14 PM by tre5

They are MacPherson strut cars with the steering off the strut. So you will have to cut the factory strut apart and weld to it. You can use use a powerball on the top and mount the cylinder upside down. It is the same suspension as the previous model years. The back is a simple heim joint. Aaron did his old black (99- up model year) to prototype some of the Hydroholic parts.
Bentlay   +1y

doesnt Aaron have this model civic too?  the back just looks like the arm is not very strong, and like i said, where the spring is, theres only like 6" between the arm and body, and where the shock mounts on is just a little tab...?

tre5   +1y

Aaron does have the newer body style civic as well, but it is not juiced. Where the shock mounts from the factory is plenty strong. He did his old one that way, and I did one a long time back (99 or 2000) the same way.

AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

I currently have the new body style civic as a daily.  Front is a McPherson, steering is off the spindle (contrary to the previous year where it's off the strut).  Rear has a separate shock and coil so you can Simply replace the shock with a hydraulic cylinder and pull the coil.  It'd be an easy car to juice and I have a feeling they'd sit really now too.

Bentlay   +1y

hmmm... ok, im going to take a look at one thats for sale at my work tomorrow. has anyone actually seen one laid out yet?
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Bentlayhmmm... ok, im going to take a look at one thats for sale at my work tomorrow. has anyone actually seen one laid out yet?---------------------------------------------There's a few bagged ones...but none sit that low.  Search on cardomain.com
HarryBalls   +1y

I will be doing an 09 sedan very shortly......will post pics..