Page 1 of 6
Build-Ups \  Build : 03 Ram SFBD on 24's & 26's

Build : 03 Ram SFBD on 24's & 26's

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 3322
replies 57
following 31

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
A past customer came to me with this a little while back.  He had origionally bought a complete set of control arms, watts link, fuel cell, and a number of other products for his ram project.  A few months after the sale he started inquiring about having me build him a SFBD  frame to lay out on a 26, along with narrowing the rear end, and doing some all around suspension work for him...   I picked up a stock frame from a local dodge scrap yard.  Clean 03 Quad Cab with 20k on it, from a theft recovery.  Got it up on the table and jigged it all out in place to start the frame.  I started with Zing it then marked all the bodymounts.    Took a shit load of measurments, on the frame and the front suspension, then proceded to cut all the stock shit off of it:              I knew i was going to be raising the uppers, so i cut out a raise UCA kit, and from the measurments i took earlier, i got it in place ,and welded it up:        .     The rear frame rails i wanted to use a mandrel bent setup, instead of the normal cut a welded style.  When i had these bent up, i was only setting it up for 22s, so i had to add alittle length to these to make them work with the 26s out back.  Squared them up, and set them out back to get started.             Then joined everything together:          Then I drew up and cut out some rear bodymounts for the bed:           More to come..........
Ray_Ray   +1y

Looks good Taylor. Very nice work.
92LOWYOTA   +1y

Lookin killer
retro dime   +1y
mandrel = sexy looks good so far!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
thanks guys.  Lots more pics tommorrow.  4link in, cantilever, watts link.....    Taylor
riddinlow99   +1y
builds looking great taylor<!--session data-->
tre5   +1y

Looks awesome!!!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
thanks guys!&nbsp;&nbsp;Just alittle Tube work.&nbsp; Its going to be the housing for the cantilever, and 4link mounting points.&nbsp; 1.25odx.250 wall DOM. &nbsp;&nbsp;
post photo
post photo
post photo
railin93   +1y

not knocking it by any means whatsoever but why so square lookin for the support bars and stuff...i mean, you radius blended the front z and the rails are nice and mandrel bent...is it the way he wanted them or the future design that dictated it?...looks sweet as hell no matter just figured it would look more refined and flow&nbsp;better if the bars and stuff had some angle or radius bends in them...like i said, no flaming, just asking...
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Well, u will have to wait and see for tonghts update. There is a reason. But I'll elaborate when I update with some pics tonite.

Taylor