Page 1 of 1
Dodge Trucks \  87 ram questions...

87 ram questions...

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 906
replies 4
following 4

Tacon19s   +1y
Im thinking about slamming my 87 ram. Its a D100 I believe, 2wd with coils and leaf springs on top of axle. I dont have alot of cash at the moment and its an old beat up truck I only drive on the weekends and maybe once during the week so I dont really care if it doesnt ride that great. So, for the front I was just gonna cut a couple coils out and I am still undecided for the rear. I was thinking of just flipping the leaf springs over. How much of a drop will this give me and the important thing...will it work right? If this wont work out in the rear I probably wont do it. I have seen lots of minis with this done and it completly dumps the rear of the truck but then again, the leafs are under the axle for those.  Any tips or ideas are appreciated...thanks
Tacon19s   +1y

anyone?
BaggedIndy   +1y

Flipping the rear will give you about 6" of drop. I cut coils on the front of mine and got about 2" seems like I couldn't get much more than that but its been a few years. Try this thread might help out a little. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78205
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Its very common to lower the front of these trucks using Dakota spindles for 2" , B100 Van lower control arms for 2", Or both for 4".   On the rear you have guys flipping there front hanger and running a belltech GM Shackle for roughly 4.5" or flipping the axle onto top of springs for 6-7 inches.  Theres a ton of info on www.MOPARTS.com.
BaggedIndy   +1y

Forgot about the control arms, 1 ton lowers will give you a drop as well as the vans.
Page 1 of 1