threads
Page 1 of 3
General Discussion \  The PigRig Explanation...

The PigRig Explanation...

General Discussion
views 1203
replies 21
following 8

jcampbell1180   +1y
A few weeks(months?) back, I was catching up with Matt (Pig) on the phone. One of us (I don’t remember whom) made a comment about his dwindling presence on DuallyScene. Another comment was made about the other users assuming he was probably dead or in jail. We had a little laugh and that was it.

Fast forward to Friday (12/5). I hadn’t heard from Matt in a while and I couldn’t get a hold of him on the phone that day. Our previous conversation came to mind and I thought it would be funny to write a fake obituary about his alleged death and email it to him. That morphed into me thinking it would be funny to post a thread on DuallyScene regarding the same topic. So without much effort or forethought, I whipped one out giving vague details of Matt’s fake death including a memorial service date, and posted it on DuallyScene. I emailed Matt the link thinking he would get a kick out of it and everyone would know I was full of shit and call my bluff, therefore no harm would be done. A cheap laugh for a Friday afternoon.

I didn’t anticipate the reaction the thread got, so quickly. It became very apparent that everyone did not take it as lightly as it was originally intended to be. I think I did a pretty good job of putting out the fire, so-to-speak, by making phone calls and answering the PM’s I received with an explanation of what I had done. I apologize for the misrepresentation.

If you boil it down, it was really meant to be a joke between Matt and I that included our fellow DuallyScene members. Unfortunately, it included you guys in a way I never intended.

Sorry for the confusion.
blazerpimp   +1y
I forgive you campy =-) you sick SOB...LOL
low95xlt   +1y
^^^ hahah ok i wont ban (campy) him this time but next time probably still wont but after that i might think long and hard.....
bowtiecowboy   +1y
WOW...at least he is still around. That is all that counts. I was doing google searches on car accidents and Bow Washington area funeral homes trying to find info.

I guess that's why i couldn't find anything huh?

I was wondering why the post disappeared so quick.

Oh well...all is forgiven.
huskerdually   +1y

There is not a single misspelled word in there.

Not a single punctuation either, but hey baby steps.

And you can't ban campy.
jcampbell1180   +1y

That's right. I'm a DuallyScene staple. It's kind of like diplomatic immunity.
huskerdually   +1y
No, it's because I have dibs.
low95xlt   +1y
^^ haha ok we can hit the ban button together like the staples easy button....
skidrow   +1y
i forgive you allso but your still buying drinks dude
bowtiecowboy   +1y

Apparently the wifey was typing while low was grieving...sorry couldn't help it.