Page 1 of 1
Dodge Trucks \  Lookin to bag 01 dodge 2500 cummins

Lookin to bag 01 dodge 2500 cummins

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 492
replies 4
following 3

Layedout02   +1y
Ok here's the deal, I've got a 2001 2wd Dodge 2500 with the cummins... And I'm looking to bag it but haven't really found to much info on baggin a 2nd gen 3/4 ton ram. I would like it to fully lay the frame, and I still want to use it to tow my mini truck around on a 18 ft bumper pull trailer (not much weight) whats the best setup in the rear for towing? What does the front need to lay out? what bags would you guys suggest? I'm thinking either firestone 2800's or RE8's?? or do i need a heavier bag?  Anything helps. Thanks guys.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Out back, i personally prefer a parrallel 4link, with a watts link, then either bags over the axle or behing axle.  That will give you a great capability for towing. I like the new Airlift Dominator bags, but Slam Specialties are allways a great choice also, I run an RE-8 all around on my ram, and do some light towing with it. Theres alot to do to lay those trucks out... Raise uppers, narrow track width a bit up front, narrow rear end, address steering, ditch the stock tank and run a fuel cell.  Address the control arms.  Tranny xmember.   some are just personl experience suggesgions, im sure you can get away bare bones laying one of those trucks out with less work, but if your gonna drive it, and tow with it, you want it right. I produce alot of ram specialty parts, if you need something or some help, just holler.   Taylor
Layedout02   +1y
Yeah i couldn't agree more, I don't want to endanger other motorist's towing with some pos hack job thats for sure. Thanks for the insight, Ill add you on myspace.  Anyone else have anything to add or even some pics would be great.  Thanks.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Also, if your going to be doing some serious towing, look into running a larger bag out back. The re-8 is great up front, and probably fine out back too, but  Your local semi-truck supply shop will have a geat selection for what you need for a larger bag, and they will offer a good ride too. Another must, in my opinion, proper shocks.  Taylor
Layedout02   +1y
I don't really plan on towing anything over 6000 lbs, but ill look into the semi bags for the rear for sure.
Page 1 of 1