Hydraulic Suspensions \  hydros on a town car

hydros on a town car

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1172
replies 3
following 3

crzyone1013   +1y
Edited: 3/17/2010 12:32:49 AM by crzyone1013

thinking hard about doing this to my town car but still not completely set in my decision to do so. can you guys with dros on town cars or equivilant shed some light and pics to help me out? I would love to see some pics of town car setups and what kind of lift I can get and so on. If I do the hydros I want to be able to do a standing three wheel of at least 23". I want to run at least 14" cylinders out back and the biggest up front I can fit. but I am also considering bags and just laying it out. not sure on my direction here. if I do dros then it will be on some 14" daytons. If I do bags then I am going to be running 22" assassyns. guess Im just looking for some opinions and suggestions here guys so let me know what you think. and don't hate on the big rim idea if you don't like it, its just an idea. thanks guys.  Oh and the town car is a 90 with the 5.0 and 138k on the odo. two owner elderly men owned so it has been taken care of. working on bodywork right now and getting it ready for a color change. thinking atomic orange with a phantom top since I already have those colors at my house.
gslif   +1y
14" cylinders out back with 8" cylinders in the front is what you should run. The bigger cylinders you go out back to more likely they'll go through the back deck. If I was you I'd go the telescopic cylinders out back to get a sick amount of lift. But if your going the lowrider route and want to 3 wheel dont forget to reinforce almost everything under those cars. And extend the upper control arms in the front so your not breaking balljoints. I'd go the 22" rim route with juice with 8" in the front and 10" in the back and still lay it out wiht accumulators for the nice ride. I'm sure the Hydroholics guys can help you out either way.
purpl7duece   +1y
Edited: 3/17/2010 2:57:08 AM by purpl7duece

In order to do what you want outta hydraulics (2ft 3-wheel) and have the car last you're gonna definitely gonna have to reinforce the frame. Checkout the Hydraulic Forum over on www.layitlow.com for a lot of helpful advice from some experts in reinforcing frames and juicing rides
crzyone1013   +1y

telescopic cylinders? tell me more.I had 14" cylinders on the back of my 96 tacoma and loved the lift but wished the cylinders were shorter so I could put a bed cover on it.  Im still learning about hydros even though this would be my third juiced vehicle. I had a 92 std cab toyota pickup hopper with a two pump pro hopper setup with 16 batteries and a 96 toyota tacoma with a two pump 6 battery reds setup. I was always having to mess with the reds setup so I think I will stay away from them. the pro hopper setup was pretty damn good but Im thinking of seeing how good cce is since they arent too far away from where I live so I can go directly to them to get my stuff. and they have bag stuff too if I decide that route. I would really like to see some pics of setups on town cars.
Page 1 of 1