threads
Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  Saturn Ion Hydro Install (Update 04/11)

Saturn Ion Hydro Install (Update 04/11)

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 814
replies 15
following 9

artsar   +1y
Edited: 4/11/2010 4:58:12 PM by artsar

Well I made some progress this weekend so I figured I would post up some pictures of my build.

Parts List:
Hydroholics threaded cylinders and power balls converted into mac struts by Joel at Mindliss Metal.
Custom Rear Swing arm made by Joel at Mindliss with Hydroholics cylinders mounted vertical coming into the trunk.
All other metal parts were made by Joel.
CCE 2 pump 4 dump kit I got used local.

The car is 1/2" from laying sub frame on the winters (OEM size) and 1 1/4" on the summers. I might get new LCA next year to get me that last bit, as its the bushing thats maxed out right now.

Before (On Air Struts)

After

Trunk Set up still needs work and a clean up. I am just waiting on the threaded power balls that hydroholics just started selling to get the rear end finished.

Basic Rendering of the rear suspension

And my Sig is the gernal idea for the paint.

Comments, Suggestions?

Also I have 45 days as of today until I move. I hope to have it done before then, or it will be an expensive tow home (300km)
tuckinlugs06   +1y

you alreaddy had a thread started didnt you
mista337   +1y

Wow, you really do get a lot lower with juice. Looking good, man.  
artsar   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TuckingLugs05you alreaddy had a thread started didnt you---------------------------------------------I couldn't remember for the life of me. I knew I did on other forms and I know I have posts about various questions, but an actual build. Not sure. Then again I have this on atleast 6 forums maybe more.
tre5   +1y

This is what SSM created the hydraulics section for. Should have posted it there. I can't tell what anything looks like either, red X's.
artsar   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5This is what SSM created the hydraulics section for. Should have posted it there. I can't tell what anything looks like either, red X's.---------------------------------------------Thats weird the images are coming up for me. If they don't work for someone else I will try to post them again. I used the SSM URL uploader.If the mods would, could you move this to the hydraulics section.
mjavy7   +1y

Looking good so far. What is an LCA ?
artsar   +1y

LCA = Lower Control Arm.
tre5   +1y

ok, now all but your sig. pic is working. Maybe it is just a dumputer thing???
garagebuilt   +1y

hey what bushing are you talking about? i thought my front was the same as yours and mine could go further and not bind.