Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  frame reinforcement

frame reinforcement

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 506
replies 2
following 3

lukedogg   +1y
Could I please get some feedback on a question...That is when would you reinforce a frame (for a mid-size/full-size p/u)  for hydraulics?  I've always been told as long as your not pulling 3's or trying to "dance" one that you would be ok?  So lets say I was to purchase a hydroholic setup for f/b/s/s and only wired up 5 switches (adding pancake), would I get away w/o frame reinforcement or would you choose to reinforce any type of stress points?  Any information would be great!
spider97   +1y
it all depends on how many batteries your running. if you have more then 4 i would recommend some kind of reinforcemnt.and i would do 3/16 i think 1/4 is way to thick and the added weight puts stress on your motor/tranny
tre5   +1y

If you are running a setup with accumulators and low voltage (48 or less) I would not worry about reinforcing it any more than you normally would with getting it on the ground. Just make sure things like you notch are plenty strong if you are planning on adding the weight of all the equipment behind the axle.
Page 1 of 1