Page 1 of 1
Dodge Trucks \  what parts do i need?

what parts do i need?

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 596
replies 8
following 7

tuned93   +1y
ok, so im still new to this so dont make fun of me when i ask this... but what parts from A to Z do i need to bag my truck. (03 ram quad cab 4.7l) this is what i thought of already:
-4 bags (i like the Dominator 2600)
-air tank (thinkin a 5 gallon)
-bleeder valve for the tank
-valves (not sure how those work yet)
-air line (1/2'')
-compressor
-triangulated 4 link (do you need a panhard bar for a tri?)
-bag brackets
-buckets or cups (are they the same thing?)
-switches
-c notch
-upper control arm relocate brackets
im thinkin thats it, but i know i gotta be missin something. could you guys help me out. maybe point me in the right direction? any help would greatly be apprectated. here's a few pics of my truck for consideration...

retro dime   +1y
Everyones gotta start somewhere! First off welcome to the forum! I dont know what is all needed to lay a ram but heres a couple tips...  For valves you can use 4 but I would recommend 8. There is more control and less sway with 8. That would be 2 valves per bag (one up, the other down). 5 gallons of air isnt a whole lot for a fullsize truck which need more pressure to lift. If you want to be able to hit the switches a lot I would recommend at least 10 gallons. I had 5 on my old fullsize chevy and its enough for daily use but not enough to get crazy with. Also with that I would recommend running 2 air compressors, specifically Viair 480s. And with the triangulated 4 link you wouldnt need a panhard or anything. Ill let the more experienced chime in on the rest haha. Oh and where did you get that Fox sticker?
tuned93   +1y

i got the fox decals from a powersports dealer in my town. you can get em off ebay for cheap. and i read that thread earlier... but its not really giving me what i wanted. i want to start making a parts list. basically i wanna know anything and everything before i start this project. i have a relative idea, but not the specifics

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Edited: 2/10/2010 5:32:30 AM by Chopped Mazda

When it comes to ram trucks there is alot you need to bag them, stuff that you dont need on other trucks... you need to address: Raise the upper control armsAddress the steering, either re-ream your stock spindle, or get a tie rod conversion kit.Address the lower control arm... you can modify it to work, add a flipped lower balljoint kit, and mounts, or complete lower control arms..If your running a 24, you will want to narrow your track width up front, which means custom upper and lower arms, even with a 22 that is suggested also.Address low hanging tranny x-memberAddress low hanging gas tank, by relocating a fuel cell to behind the axle.Relocate the battery   The valves, tank, bags, and compressors and stuff are the easy parts, you can literally use anything, the hardest part is figuring what size wheel and tire your going to lay on, and what you need to do to make that happen. I sell nearly every part under the sun to bag the 02-05 or 06-08 ram trucks, everything from control arm to steering kits to fuel cells and every bracket inbetween.  You can check the pictures in my profile here for some install photos as well. you can check some of the stuff out at www.myspace.com/michiganmetalworks  also, you will find alot more dodge owners over at www.dodgetalk.com .  These trucks arent espically hard to bag at all, but they take soem time and patience, there not like alot of other trucks, but with the right parts they go together easy.    Taylor
tuned93   +1y

thanks Taylor... so this may be asking a little much, but maybe if you get a spare moment do you think you could make me a list of ALL parts i would need to complete the whole thing. im sure i will be buying alot of stuff off of you as you said you make alot of things that most sites dont sell. i would really appreciate it alot! i took a look at your profile and all the pics you took during your build. i may use a few as references. but this is why i am doing all the research right now, so when i finally do start on it when i get back... i know exactley what im doing. thanks
foxkid   +1y

Keith at Nfamus in Mansfield, Tx is doing a build up on a dodge right now that will be in an upcoming issue of street trucks, showing exactly what you will need to do.
foxkid   +1y

Keith at Nfamus in Mansfield, Tx is doing a build up on a dodge right now that will be in an upcoming issue of street trucks, showing exactly what you will need to do.
FCKNLOW   +1y

take a look at my profile. I have alot of pics of stuff that came from Taylor and alot of the other parts that you will need.
Page 1 of 1