Page 1 of 3
Build-Ups \  bagged bd'd rcsb... wtih a cummins

bagged bd'd rcsb... wtih a cummins

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1206
replies 22
following 15

1lowdiesel   +1y
figured i'd give you guys a little insight on something i've been working on.

i started with a rcsb 2wd 99 1500. the truck was hit in the front and the frame was tweaked. so, i bought a new frame that has already been body dropped, boxed, smoothed and ready to go. i will be swapping everything from the crashed truck over to the new frame with the exception of a new rear and some other goodies.

But, while i have everything apart i might as well put the 6bt cummins i have in. the motor is a 91 and only has 110k miles on it. it's an auto 4sp w/ overdrive. to start with i will be putting on an 06 dodge turbo, 3200 rpm gsk, tweaking the pump a bit and some small injectors. i will also be doing a shift kit and converter as well. i'll be running a 2nd gen dodge intercooler, hydro boost brakes and no AC. i also picked up a 14 bolt rear as well to handle the power.

the truck will be set up for 22s on a 31" tire, but i'll prolly just rock stock steelies for a while. i'm going to use the factory harness and cluster, providing it's not a nightmare. worse comes  to worse i have another cluster i can put some auto meter gauges in.

i'm hoping to be able to drive this truck everyday and get around 25-30mpg  out of it.

enough flapping onto the pics.

jdauer02   +1y

looks like a cool project
cajuntaco   +1y

This is going to be awesome, please post as many details as you can about the 6bt swap.  I'm very interested in doing this with my GMC HD. -Ryan
Homemade S-10   +1y

ganna be sick 
1lowdiesel   +1y

thanks to whoever resized those mongoloyd pics. i'll try, it's actually not too bad. i had to build my own motor mounts. the engine is 100% mechanical so fuel and power and she'll fire right up. i was reading that someone used the stock cluster and just adapted the speed sensor to the 727 tans. if i can't do that i'll just run some autometer gauges.
bodydropped85   +1y

dont you have to drop  the front frame horns for the bumper to line up?
1lowdiesel   +1y

they are actually already dropped.
gimp5561   +1y

are you sure a GMC can handle the power of the big C ???

j/k  good luck
bLACK_wIDOW_cUSTOMS   +1y

cool build ..whats up with the 55 chevy in the background looks like a 4 door maybe
thacru78   +1y

Badass...got any plans for the Cummins...those motors are cake to make stupid amounts of torque...only week link is the tranny...they don't handle to much more than stock hp and torque. Got any plans to beef up the front suspension...them motors are stupid heavy...i'm building me one right now to drop into a project real soon...1000+lbs of torque...badass motors...and gets great mpg. Good luck with the build man. Gonna be sick.