Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  Project: SLOWNOMA 2

Project: SLOWNOMA 2

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1018
replies 19
following 5

slownoma63   +1y
Hey guys whats goin on, I've been on this forum for a while but never got around to posting much or making my own build thread, i figure i got enough goin on now to start one!

Before i get to this project i would like to share my past ride that i got from a member on here that some of you will probably rememberit was built by Jason Mann hes from southern ohio. I picked it up from some kid that did not respect the truck. It took me 6 months to get this beauty on the road. I cruised it around last summer, couldnt make it any big shows, because if any of you know this truck know it was a BEAST and not very highway friendly, i had no trailer or big enough truck to pull this thing. So i decided to part way with it, to another guy in Northern Ohio and as far as i know its still in good hands    Now onto slownoma 2. I picked this truck of from a kid in kentucky for pretty cheap, it had its problems but overall was a good all around truck. I didnt have to fix to much to daily drive it. I was just gonna change a few things and roll it, well yea knowing me that wasnt the case i cant leave anything alone. So its time for a full on build. First ill start with a pic the day i got it   It was bagged up front, 10 gallon tank 2 viair 450s, later found out only 1 worked, had all the valves hooked up and the switch box, these ghetto 20s,checkmate flush mount and some 15s. The day after i got it i picked up a SD 3 link from a buddy he converted to a 5 link bag on bar similar to the SD super pivot 5 link   and a day later i was ridin cali. I was pretty happy with what i had done but it still wasnt enough then was onto the starting on the body work which is where im at now,so far ive molded a grant kustoms roll pan in,shaved tailgate,custom frenched plate holder in bed rail behind back window,half the bed is sheetmetal, I have some pics but there to large i need to resize them before i can post them not sure how to do that yet if anyone could chime in that would be nice but my plans for this truck are: HRF carnival red pearl pin striped throughoutRed leather,tweed,painted,billet interior to mimic a 50s hot rod20 in. boss 338s staggered 20x8.5 and 20x10grant kustoms ford ranger 4 runner bumper to fit up to my sonoma grille and headlights 6 inch cowl hoodfinishing the sheet metal in bed and line xPontiac g6 retractable sun roof the wheels   the steering wheel, gives you the idea that im taken the interior with  the front bumper     the paint  Thats pretty much up to date where i am. I know its not much but im workin on getting a good build going on Next up on the list is to finish the body work and get ready for primer/sealer, also re-doing air management to everything under my bed except compressors, re working front suspension and under hood so it lays 20s hard! Then off to paint where my buddy griffin will paint it and lay down his wicked pin striping skills Hope to have the paint and wheels done before LOATP 2010 any questions or comments let me know i like constuctive critcism    
slownoma63   +1y
Little update, i talked to drag windsor over on s10 forum about hookin it up on a rendering, should have that done once i set in stone everything i plan to do
slownoma63   +1y
   got the new wheels on pretty pumped about them   
post photo
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
Edited: 3/5/2010 6:53:55 PM by Slappy Mc Nasty

the black-on-black looks good, the retractable sun roof sounds sweet. keep the pics and motivation comin
slownoma63   +1y
yea i have alot of pics but the only ones it will let me post are from my phone it says all my ones from my camera are to big. other things ive got ordered are: last night i ordered ssbc big brake kit for all 4harwood 5 in. cowl hoodair zenith ob2b compressor this week ive got the rims and tiresHRF hot rod red fast gallon kit50s GMC truck emblems for grille and tailgatebillet specialties steering wheel with red leather wrap
okcustoms   +1y

I like were you are going with it but one thing does that say 5 in cowl hood i mean just my opinion but DAMN why so big?
slownoma63   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by okcustomsI like were you are going with it but one thing does that say 5 in cowl hood i mean just my opinion but DAMN why so big? --------------------------------------------- i just like big cowl hoods, i always have, and next year i plan on body dropping it and stuffing a big blown motor in. im tryin to go with a hot rod/oldschool look but also clean and modern at the same time.
scotto79   +1y

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/resize.php Use that site to shrink down your pics, also works for doing avatars as well.  That truck is going to look good with your ideas on it, and Tony does some good work for your renderings.  He's on this site as well.
slownoma63   +1y
ok thanks alot man ill post up some build pics dont have all of them due to my computer crashing, but the ones i do ill post up. thanks for the comments guys i appreciate it. and yea tony does some great work, just trying to find someone to let me use there pay pal account so i can have him do it for me.. for some reason my bank card is not authorized to set one up