Page 1 of 3
Dodge Trucks \  99 kota r/t

99 kota r/t

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1959
replies 20
following 11

loweredforlife   +1y
i jus got my hands on a 99 kota r/t im wanting to stock floor it. im only going to go 3" with 20's but im just woundering if anyone has some helpful advise and any pictures manly worried about the brake booster and the a/c evrything else should be standard.

gcfab7   +1y

don't do it.  just help ur friend with there projects.   10-4
SouthernComfort   +1y

Dodge Dakotas are a rare breed in the bagged truck world. probably one of the most pain in the arse trucks to bag!!!  Just for the fact that parts are generally hard to find and they don't make as much items for our trucks when we want to customize. It's not going to be an easy task, your dealing with "A LOT" of customizing and trial and error issues. if you have an Chevy S-10, it would be soooooo much easier. But don't let me discurrage you. just giving you a heads up before you dive in head first. Hope everything goes well for you.
redspowerjams   +1y

I have a full frame and suspension built for stock floor ready to go that i will sell very soon. really, all it needs is a body but i can break it up if need be.. I was lay'n body (Past pinch) with it. set up for 20's and 22's
vcminitrucker4lyfe   +1y
^^^ Now that seems like a heck of a way to start.
98dakota20   +1y
i think southerncomfort is over exaggerating a lil. but he is right, there is not a lot of bolt on stuff for out trucks. make sure you post pics of the build, i want to start my bodydrop soon. im working on getting a fuel cell on my truck right now using the stock pump. you can cut off the the pump mount from your stock tank, and bolt it to a universal fuel cell. i found a place that makes the fuel pump  mount for a jeep, and i think it will work for the third gen dakotas. it will look cleaner then the stock one. i ordered one this morning. ill let you know if it works.
klintok   +1y
Edited: 1/8/2010 6:58:15 AM by ///RELAXED 720

just so you know cando has bag arms for 22's? for gen 3. they can be made to gen 1/2 spec. and are narrowed up to 5/8"?. they are kinda expensive. but being the only bag arm available, its to be expected.   i bagged my front laying crossmember on 245/40/20's w/ slightly modified stock arms. still need to be pie-cut but im lazy. but for BD i cant help much sorry.   *******I edited whatever you tried to post if it was a picture click the little mountain icon & add the url link ***********************
choppedn22d   +1y
Edited: 1/8/2010 12:12:28 AM by choppedn22d

Really, dakotas are not very difficult, cut it. There are way more difficult rides to cut up. Dakotas are just not done because of ?????????????For a body drop, i have not done one but I measured the whole truck out and it didnt do it because of the owner. I was gonna door it too. When it comes to body drops theres no bolt on kits so its just as difficult as any other single cab truck. Personally I think S10s are harder.
loweredforlife   +1y

yea let me know on the fuel cell where u got it and everyhting that would be a big help.
98dakota20   +1y
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=APR1000this is the adapter ring im using. its made for a 97-04 jeep, but it will fit my 98 dakota fuel pump. not sure if it will fit yours. i have a 3.9, with the 22 gallon tank. im mounting it to a 19 gallon rci fuel cell, and using the jeep lock ring to secure the pump. i dont know the difference between our fuel pumps... hope it works out for you.