Page 1 of 1
Audio/Video \  bypassing e-brake function on dvd player

bypassing e-brake function on dvd player

Audio/Video Q & A
views 490
replies 6
following 6

Layumon22s   +1y
So I just picked up a Clarion VZ409, how do I go about bypassing the ebrake function for the dvd player. Do I need to give it 12 volts or ground it out? or some sort of bypass module? I found the bypass modules on ebay but before I spend $30 wanted to get some other opinions...
milkshake   +1y

i just grounded mine and it workedi had a dual though
menace   +1y
i googled it, just ground it, or i would run a ground wire to a toggle switch just incase the popo wanna mess with ya
jcjcsoccerkid   +1y

ground it. and just switch the source to ipod or something if you get pulled over so a movie isn't playing
neurotic   +1y
Edited: 12/18/2009 8:34:34 AM by neurotic

I have a clarion that I did it to. get a on off toggle switch and hook the ebrake wire up to it and the other side of the switch run a wire to ground it. So after you start the vehicle flip the switch on and off then it overrides to make it work. You have to do it each time the vehicle gets turned off and back on. You cant just ground it for clarions like some other brands you can do that to. Oh and after its playing if you need to get the video to stop playing because of police just switch the source to radio or something else then go back and it will still be working.
Layumon22s   +1y
thanks guys. I wasn't to concerned with actually watching a DVD while I drive I just don't have an ebrake anymore... I googled it but was getting varying opinions...
mike86mazda   +1y
breakin the law! yeah!
Page 1 of 1