threads
Page 1 of 1
Audio/Video \  old school punch 800a2 not working.

old school punch 800a2 not working.

Audio/Video Q & A
views 726
replies 8
following 3

thatsmydawg   +1y
i bought 2 amps off ebay seperate sellers. and one doesnt work. i think it didnt work since day one or it was kind of on its way out when i got it and i finished it. the power light comes on on the side of the amp. what can i check? maybe something inside the amp or just buy another amp? thanks
FADE2BLK94   +1y
Take the cover off and look for burnt spots on the board anywhere...could be as simple as a broken or burnt/cracked solder. If so you can just re-solder the connections.  Otherwise you could find an electronics repair shop to fix it, but it may end up being more than you want to pay.
thatsmydawg   +1y
if i dont take the back cover off how much do you think soemone will pay for it on ebay? i know if the sticker is ripped meaning i took the cover off most likely they wont buy it 
FADE2BLK94   +1y
prob not a whole lot even if it is an old school punch that is still factory sealed inside, being it is a non working amp. You may only get 1/3-1/2 of what a working one would bring.
thatsmydawg   +1y
i think i only paid 150 for each of them ive found some new ones on ebay too in the past for 200 brand new in a sealed box punch power 1100a1 punch 1000a2 cheap too but i like the 800a2 and i need to check the inside of this or sell it and get another one 
FADE2BLK94   +1y
Yeah, I'd say you may only get around $50-75 for it not working.
thatsmydawg   +1y
i took it appart today and come to find out the wire that comes out of the speaker and goes to the quick connect block the wire isnt soldered to the end its liek it broke off or was never connected. 
FADE2BLK94   +1y
There ya go, most of the time its something simple that just needs re-soldering.
thatsmydawg   +1y
ya i cant find the solder ends. it has to be long enough to keep the wire off the base of the sub and no one sells them i went all over. i tried using a regular eye connector but its too short. thats the least of my worries now that i know it snot the amp and both speakers arent blown 
Page 1 of 1