threads
Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  Rodeo build (front clip tips needed)

Rodeo build (front clip tips needed)

Isuzu Make Specific
views 982
replies 8
following 8

doored_rodeo   +1y
Well im kinda lost here as wat i should do...i have one idea in my head for my rodeo front clip but im not to sure on how well it will werk since im tryin to avoid having to cut it up and replace it with another clip of sum sort. i was wonderin, since the rodeo is 4wd based and has dropped lower ca bracket, if Z'ing up the front  however many inches need to lay flat and makin a bag plate for lowers, weld em in to stock control arms, then trim upper ca and make me a upper bag bracket on the frame rail. now im not to sure on the balljoint situation and so on but i, in my eyes, think htis could possibly werk but not to sure, and if so how functional it will be and if it will hold up... can any1 give me so good tips and ideas and even pics to guide me threw on how to get my clip how it needs to be to lay flat...oh and btw just if it help i plan on trad bd it to rockers...even doors if i think i can fit (bein 6'5) and ive got navi 18s that are goin on it...plz help here...and no dumbass here i understand fab unlike some others lol
tre5   +1y

I already told you the 2 ways you can do it to lay flat. either clip it with a pickup front end, or cut everything off and build new crossmembers and arms. I have laid one out with that suspension and it would need one hell of a Z to lay flat. Then you will need to make new motor mounts to try and keep the motor under the hood. Your best bet, if you are keeping the 6 lug, is to just clip it with an isuzu pup frame. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it is the best option.
shortrodeo   +1y
Clip it! The rodeo clip is garbage I would know as I lived through using the stock clip with a custom cross member. A 2" z and other countless mods to make it functional. Not to mention the rediculous size of those hubs which will look like poop coming though your navis. Sponge did a pup clip to keep the 6 lug and he's on 22s now and it works perfect. Clip it! If you readed any of the rodeo forums on here you will see this is the standard statement.

Miles
shortrodeo   +1y
Oh not to mention the stock clip has almost zero room to mount a bag. So unless you plan on running juice like I did your going to have some pretty hard times finding a place to mount the bags where they don't rub and still give good lift.
dragn168   +1y
hahaha welcome to the wonderful world of isuzus, save your self the headaches and just clip it or since you dont want to clip it you could just build a full frame (hey its not clipping it now is it hehehe ) but seriously yeah rodeo fronts are garbage
doored_rodeo   +1y
well im still lukin for a trashd pup sumwhere i can snatch up for a couple hundred $$...finally decided to stock-floor the bitch. Got lots of 2x3 and couple sheets of flat stock on way from MetalDepot hehe  god im so damn excited winter is here..i can see lots of late nights in the shop now lol.almost forgot to mention im lukin for a set of tahoe 20''s aswell to go ahead and throw up underneath the ol' slut nasty rodeo. gosh so many thoughts voomin thru my poor pitiful head
post photo
balcar   +1y
From what I understand its the same as the amigo front ends,  mine is clippd with a 2wd one, best way to go, but if I had to do it over again, i'd go with a toyota clip probally, but the factory stuff is no good for going low
B.R.C   +1y

Look on craigslist, texas.  I know  saw an 86 Isuzu pup for $500.  no engine but I'm sure everything your looking for.  killeen, temple are I believe.  in fact heres the link. hope it helps    http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1428157227.html
B.R.C   +1y

Look on craigslist, texas.  I know  saw an 86 Isuzu pup for $500.  no engine but I'm sure everything your looking for.  killeen, temple are I believe.  in fact heres the link. hope it helps    http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1428157227.html
Page 1 of 1