threads
Page 1 of 1
Dodge Trucks \  EDC...Left or Right hand side suction?

EDC...Left or Right hand side suction?

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1718
replies 8
following 6

slAmArAm   +1y
I would normally try and research this but i have been too busy lately with redeployment back into the states....

I have a 2006 Ram QC w/ the 4.7L.... Does anybody know if I need a right hand or left hand York 210 or does it matter.... I ordered it already and the seller is waiting for my response on this answer.... I beleive my alternator is on the left hand side but I am not too sure on that so I could be wrong.... Thanks ahead of time to your responses!!

Devin
FCKNLOW   +1y

taylor would know you might send him a MSG.  But, i'm sure there are plenty of other people that know as well. 
FCKNLOW   +1y

also, you might look at his pics it might show on there. he also, makes the brackets to mount them if you don't allready have them >>>   Choppedmazda
toreadorxlt   +1y
Edited: 10/21/2009 6:19:09 AM by toreadorxlt

Edited: 10/21/2009 6:18:22 AM by toreadorxltEdited: 10/21/2009 6:17:52 AM by toreadorxltit only matters if you are mounting it on its side. The suction port has to be at the top if you are mounting it sideways.  Also, The suction port direction is determined if you are looking at the front of the compressor... A little opposite, but this is how they do it.   my setup, I have a right side suction because the york it on its side
post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y

Yea, on a ram, it wont matter. You will mount the compressor vertical.    Im nearly done with 4.7 brackets, and i have a long line of people that want some of the first sets.  My kit uses a pulley that replaces the stock alternator pulley, and adds a second groved pulley.  Taylor   
slAmArAm   +1y

I dont think I need that special alternator pulley if my pulley on my edc matches up with the rest of my pulleys right? I seen another ram like that on DT..

slAmArAm   +1y

Oh and ive already purchased the edc and purchased another clutch to match up with my belt ... now just waitin to get home and set it all up... back from Iraq in a few days and get to my truck in florida when i go on leave december 13th ...
jeebus @ mmw   +1y

yep, that would mean your going to do it as a serpentine belt setup.  The way mine is setup, it uses a seperate V belt off of the alternator. Post some pics when you get a chance!   Taylor
slAmArAm   +1y

Yea hopefully i can pull it all together ... Im behind on posting pictures but when i get home ill catch up and update my DT build thread and Im gonna throw up a build thread on here...
Page 1 of 1