Audio/Video \  re subwoofer or alpine type r for a 2006 sentra

re subwoofer or alpine type r for a 2006 sentra

Audio/Video Q & A
views 750
replies 6
following 5

miniz2001   +1y
Edited: 10/1/2009 9:05:41 PM by miniz2001

what's up guys. i'm looking for a good sql 600watt rms subwoofer for my sentra. i always hear good things about re audio but i'm not sure which re subwoofer is sq/sql oriented. i also heard the alpine type r is fairly clean sounding. also, i am looking at getting the new 600watt rms alpine pdx series amp. any other amp recommendations? quick replies will be greatly appreciated since i plan on order a sub/amp combo in a day or two. thanks guys.
artsar   +1y
Well I have two Alpine Type Rs at 500rms each and its ok. I may be used to it now, but my favourite sub has been the Type X. I'd suggest that for alpine, but from what I've seen with alot of friends a Kicker L5 or even their comp series stuff sounds great.To go back to your RE comment, all I've ever seen them for is SPL, then again I'm from Canada so the scene is kinda small compared to the states.  Basicly I'd suggest a type X, it was hands down my favorite sub until I fried a coil.
YUH8IN96   +1y

RE all the way i got one sx10 in my accord an it sounds great, i got a jl a1800 powering it, its an 800 to 1000 watt amp an it sounds great wouldnt  go with any other sub
miniz2001   +1y

YUH8IN96, does the sx10 sound clean or is it meant to be an spl sub?

276mightymax   +1y
Edited: 11/3/2009 1:27:07 PM by 276_s_dime

I know a lot of people with Type - R stuff and it sounds great. As Far as RE Audio, my friend has two 18s, not sure which series but they sound awesome. Though i'm sure you're not planning on going with 18s. But as Adam said you could also go with Kicker, they have great subs. I got four comp 10s in my s10, deff gets the job done for now. check out http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/
YUH8IN96   +1y

yea im sure it can be used as a serious spl sub if you but it in a large sealed box or a ported boxed with a high power amp. but i got mine in a regulare sealed box an a amp thats pushing it decently an it it sounds great. these subs can take alot abuse tho

k24 rd6   +1y

I have done a couple all Alpine systems with the Type R subs in slot ported boxes. I was happy with them, sq was good and didn't need a whole lot of tuning to blend in. They could still put out bass when needed.  For the price, they are worth giving a try. I have never used or heard a RE speaker to compare them
Page 1 of 1