Page 1 of 1
Audio/Video \  subwoofer decision

subwoofer decision

Audio/Video Q & A
views 526
replies 9
following 9

ptman2002   +1y
just looking to get some opinions.  i am looking for an 8 inch sub with mounting depth of 4 inches or less.  the box has approximatly 3/4 cubic feet.   any ideas on what sub would be good for what i have?    i was looking at the JL audio 8W1v2-4. 
shagee2001   +1y

I dont know about the mounting depth but the 8in Digital Dynamics subs are great. I've heard a few shallow mount subs and havent been impressed by any so far. 
200PSI   +1y

kicker all the way!
ptman2002   +1y

no im staying away from the shallow mounts at all cost.  still have yet to hear one that sounded great.   thanks for the input.
fredstinting   +1y
Edited: 9/24/2009 8:44:00 PM by fredstinting

Edited: 9/24/2009 8:42:34 PM by fredstintingi use 8 inch ma audio in my door of my s10 i built it for sound quality alot of high bass but not to much low more like off the hook mid bass 500 watts to each door have a  im getting ready to build a system in my c-10 with lanzar 4 8's in each door max pro are 800 watts each check them out awsome speaker i really think they give about 4 inches just over 4 inches mounting   $50.00 EACH  if you want them i can drop ship them to you i take visa master card Lanzar Max Pro 8" 800 Watt SubwooferFeatures:• 8'' High Power Subwoofer • Non-Press paper Cone • Specially Treated Foam Edge Suspension • 1.5'' High Temperature Aluminum Voice Coil • Magnet Weight: 50 Oz  • Impedance: 4 Ohm • Fs: 60, Qms: 4.08, Qes: 1.2, Qts: 1.1, SPL: 88(dB), Vas: 6.0(Cuft) • Mounting Depth: 4.08" • Rubber magnet Boot Cover fredstinting@yahoo.com239-560-3498
post photo
lowrthnu92   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by shagee2001I dont know about the mounting depth but the 8in Digital Dynamics subs are great. I've heard a few shallow mount subs and havent been impressed by any so far. ---------------------------------------------Never herd of them, got a link
shagee2001   +1y

oops sorry i meant digital designs subs..... aka DD's.
gwee   +1y

dd or sundowns you best bet or 8'' subs.
maxshelor   +1y
I was going to add that I think the 12" would be preferably to the 10" woofer. It's a good compromise between the oomph of a 15" and the speed of a 10". If you can swing a good 12" sub, I'd go for it. The KSW-12 is a fine sub. I have a Velo CT-120 (the predecessor to the CHT-120) which finishes a little higher in the Nousaine list than the KSW-12 (and higher than the LF-10, too, interestingly enough) and I like it as well.______________________VLC Player Download
SeveredBody   +1y
powerbass
Page 1 of 1