Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  Coolant temp sensor question

Coolant temp sensor question

Isuzu Make Specific
views 420
replies 3
following 3

702soulah   +1y
I have a 88 isuzu pickup. im not sure if the last owner rigged up the temp sensor or not. the one in my truck dont work. it only has one wire hooked up to the sensor with another wire next to it cut. when i went to the auto parts store it had a connector with 2 prongs. my question is, what color is the wire (or wires) that hook up to the coolant temp sensor, and is it the the one prong or two prong plug sensor? i want to get this fixed soon. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
railin93   +1y
Edited: 9/12/2009 6:00:32 AM by railin93

get on planetisuzoo.com and ask the guys there...been a member for a little while now and i can say that site is the best around for isuzu info and knowledge...bar none!!!
satchnc   +1y
There are 2 sensors. The 1 wire sensor is the easy one to get to. The 2 wire connector is under the intake manifold and its kind of a pain to get at. There is a small coolant hose next to it, unhook that and its a little easier to get at. Also the connector is the wire clip style so hopefully its facing you when it was screwed in otherwise its adds some difficulty getting it off. The guage is controlled by the one wire sensor, the 2 wire goes to the ECM. 
702soulah   +1y
ok now i found the 2 wire sensor. but there is no connector going to it and there are a couple of wires cut in that area and none are really close to the sensor so the correct wires isnt that obvious. anyone knows the colors or have a copy of the wiring diagram? also thanks for the other replies.
Page 1 of 1