Page 3 of 3
Photoshop \  2010 civic rendering

2010 civic rendering

Photoshop General Discussions
views 1309
replies 29
following 5

Shaven   +1y
Lol well I dont hate on any type of computer... personally I want a mac for design and not because of any statements made in this thread however... I dont have the money for a mac wish I did. So i stick with my non stop crashing, finiky pc.  Here is what I use to get paid and it does the job I need it for... and I two do flyers, business cards, banners, etc etc whatever Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop (2004-05 year model laptop) - its was a grad gift.1.30 Ghz Celeron Processor 256MB stock ram with 1Gig added60gig internal WD HD1tb external as the primary for my work.19" HP Monitor for a dual monitor setup  OH and a external battery backup... ya know since the laptop is ssoooo old that the internal battery can only stay on for about 5 min!!! LOL  ah... and I love this fuggin laptop. 
GraphicDisorder   +1y

Werd, bottom line neither are bad when built right.  The problem with most Mac fan boys is they never have used a proper built PC.  I fully agree Dells are crap, and most other off the shelf PC's are too, hell for me even the Mac was crap off the shelf, 2gb of ram was a joke for a $2000 machine i think youd agree. What drives me nuts is when someone takes a 600 dollar Dell and compares it to a 2k Mac.  It's not the same thing, you cant compare them.  Warrenties are cool if you have that kind of time,  but for me I dont have that kind of time to be down.  I have deadlines after deadlines if my machine was down more than a few hours id be out a lot of cash, which is why we love to build our own machines here and that way I can fix them just as easy in no time.   Yup its long hours in this business for sure. Most off the shelf PC's are not faster than a Mac so we can agree on that, but I think we can both agree that I dont build PC's that would be lumped as "most pcs".
GraphicDisorder   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by ShavenLol well I dont hate on any type of computer... personally I want a mac for design and not because of any statements made in this thread however... I dont have the money for a mac wish I did. So i stick with my non stop crashing, finiky pc.  Here is what I use to get paid and it does the job I need it for... and I two do flyers, business cards, banners, etc etc whatever Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop (2004-05 year model laptop) - its was a grad gift.1.30 Ghz Celeron Processor 256MB stock ram with 1Gig added60gig internal WD HD1tb external as the primary for my work.19" HP Monitor for a dual monitor setup  OH and a external battery backup... ya know since the laptop is ssoooo old that the internal battery can only stay on for about 5 min!!! LOL  ah... and I love this fuggin laptop.  ---------------------------------------------LUL... I honestly dont know how you can work with that.  It must be hell working at 1200dpi on at computer like that.  What are you even doing for data back up?  Only 1 hard drive with the data is super dangerous.  Hard drives die, and thats got nothing to do with PC's or Macs since they both use the same hard drives.
post photo
warpedrenderings   +1y
im using a hp a6244n got it cheap then  its got the half way decent core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz witch has the best mutiplyer out of the core 2 duo line if i want to over clock ive heard people over clocking these to 3ghz on the stock fan with no problems,  then 3gb ddr2 ram dont realy need any more then that since all the programs i have are 32 bit using xp pro, then a 80 and 100 gb hard drive , and a 1gb gefore card i over clocked. this is all fine for what im doing i just need something faster for caculating the final renderings but i have a 37inch 1020p monitor so i dont realy need dual screens since i can open up what i need and have them on the same screen
Shaven   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by SSM-Brandt---------------------------------------------Originally posted by ShavenLol well I dont hate on any type of computer... personally I want a mac for design and not because of any statements made in this thread however... I dont have the money for a mac wish I did. So i stick with my non stop crashing, finiky pc.  Here is what I use to get paid and it does the job I need it for... and I two do flyers, business cards, banners, etc etc whatever Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop (2004-05 year model laptop) - its was a grad gift.1.30 Ghz Celeron Processor 256MB stock ram with 1Gig added60gig internal WD HD1tb external as the primary for my work.19" HP Monitor for a dual monitor setup  OH and a external battery backup... ya know since the laptop is ssoooo old that the internal battery can only stay on for about 5 min!!! LOL  ah... and I love this fuggin laptop.  ---------------------------------------------LUL... I honestly dont know how you can work with that.  It must be hell working at 1200dpi on at computer like that.  What are you even doing for data back up?  Only 1 hard drive with the data is super dangerous.  Hard drives die, and thats got nothing to do with PC's or Macs since they both use the same hard drives.--------------------------------------------- it is hell to work with man... as far as smaller print designs like business cards and flyers done like they are suposed to be done at 300dpi it does good... but when i go into doing banners fuuuuuuuug. It takes my laptop sometimes 45 minutes to save it!!! and I save it in psd. as well as JPEG so it is ungodly. As for data backup... I am scared of it... i have already lost all of my old renderings from back in the day when i did em so I dont have any of the hard copy psd files so again it does scare me but I plan to fix that pretty soon my friend nothing like yours thought prolly get another 1T and mirror that one and get another 2.5" HD to mirror the laptop drive just for ease just incase it decides to go also.  I have been looking into other computers though... this one is becoming to slow to do what i need it to do so I deff wanna upgrade i want at least 12gigs of ram but the 24gigs really got my interest also but not sure if i really need that. but soon enough after SEMA is done ill be on the market for sure.
post photo
Shaven   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by bamfbenim using a hp a6244n got it cheap then  its got the half way decent core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz witch has the best mutiplyer out of the core 2 duo line if i want to over clock ive heard people over clocking these to 3ghz on the stock fan with no problems,  then 3gb ddr2 ram dont realy need any more then that since all the programs i have are 32 bit using xp pro, then a 80 and 100 gb hard drive , and a 1gb gefore card i over clocked. this is all fine for what im doing i just need something faster for caculating the final renderings but i have a 37inch 1020p monitor so i dont realy need dual screens since i can open up what i need and have them on the same screen --------------------------------------------- not bad... shit I dont care what i have... i love dual monitors I actually looked into getting a 32" LCD TV to use as my 2nd monitor lol and use the laptop screen as general purpose.  Idk i just like 2 monitors something about it... plus when family and friends come over they are amazed that i can just move the mouse and different windows from one to the other hahaha
GraphicDisorder   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Shaven---------------------------------------------Originally posted by bamfbenim using a hp a6244n got it cheap then  its got the half way decent core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz witch has the best mutiplyer out of the core 2 duo line if i want to over clock ive heard people over clocking these to 3ghz on the stock fan with no problems,  then 3gb ddr2 ram dont realy need any more then that since all the programs i have are 32 bit using xp pro, then a 80 and 100 gb hard drive , and a 1gb gefore card i over clocked. this is all fine for what im doing i just need something faster for caculating the final renderings but i have a 37inch 1020p monitor so i dont realy need dual screens since i can open up what i need and have them on the same screen --------------------------------------------- not bad... shit I dont care what i have... i love dual monitors I actually looked into getting a 32" LCD TV to use as my 2nd monitor lol and use the laptop screen as general purpose.  Idk i just like 2 monitors something about it... plus when family and friends come over they are amazed that i can just move the mouse and different windows from one to the other hahaha---------------------------------------------32 inch TV would only give you a 1920x1080 res, which is "ok", but when you take a large screen and do not increase the pixels your just blowing up the size of the pixels, thus  not increasing quality or work space.  Trust me I designed for over a year on a 40 inch TV at 1920x1080.  I downgraded size and went up in res, much better in the end.  If you want the real deal you need to step up the res to 2560x1600.  Samsung, HP, NEC, and Apple all make 30 inch screens with that res.   
GraphicDisorder   +1y

Old:  New:  Notice how much more room photoshops pallets/menus take up vs the new.  Also using a actual TV, you will end up with ghosting, the menu/or anything you have open for awhile will burn its self in, as time goes on it will burn in even easier than when you first get it. 
post photo
post photo
Shaven   +1y
hm... i didnt think about that part. hell the 19" i got new is running 1440x900 so it wouldnt be much different then the larger screen i guess just blown up like you say. Well crap I guess this 19 is ok for now.  Nice lil setup 2 actually a pretty clean desk lol i wish i could say the same... i got notes and reminders and all kinda shit on my desk
GraphicDisorder   +1y

Yup, you will find 1920x1080 is even a joke, its a back step from the more common 24 inch res that was 1920x1200 for years, now they just try to tell people its "1080", which actualy means there are less pixels, thus less screen size.  they sell it like a feature... lol.  Its not.   Save your coin, get you a 30 inch and pair it with a smaller monitor as a "second".  Or 2 30's.