threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  Help me out whores...

Help me out whores...

General Discussion
views 1265
replies 15
following 7

maz89   +1y
I'm building an air tank and I need some 3/8 threaded bungs to weld into the tank, but I don't know where to get them, I've looked at all the local hardware stores, they don't have'em, tried Fastenal, that guy needs to go home and shoot himself in the head cause he's a fuckin' retard..... and so...... does anybody know anywhere else??
1low1ton   +1y
why dont you just use a 3/8 npt pipe coupling i can get them at our locacl hardware store
towpig   +1y
i get all my bungs at the welding/fab shop near me always instock
krewzlo   +1y
yeah like 1low said, just get a black pipe coupler and weld it to the tank. I have done it before with good luck.
pig rig   +1y
yea use couplings just screw something in them so you don't bung up the threads with weld splater
maz89   +1y

yea, i could, but that's just alittle too "ugly" to use for what I'm wanting, ya know...
low95xlt   +1y
what about a 02 bung from a exhuast shop?
1low1ton   +1y
just put most of the coupling into the tank and really get a good weld on it and grind it with a flap disk then finish it out looks great
pig rig   +1y
o2 bung is metric thread and not tapered
maz89   +1y
yea the O2 bung won't work for what I'm doing, and yea 1low1ton, I thought of that... everything will be fully tig welded, I'm gonna check a few more places, I just didn't know if any of you guys may know where I could get any right off hand...