Page 1 of 1
Dodge Trucks \  inner fenders on a 2nd gen ram

inner fenders on a 2nd gen ram

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 368
replies 8
following 4

slammedram01   +1y
im getting ready to put some trailer fenders in up front and having some trouble trying to figure out what to do about the hood hinges. anybody got any ideas they want to share or even some pictures. thanks/
cantlooswit22s   +1y

theres a pic on my profile of mine...its not a good pic,but you can kinda see how mine are lil bit..i got rid of my springs and cut the hindge itself up quite a bit.but mines bodied on 24s.. you could probly put a notch in the new fender for the spring/hindge assembly.or yours mite not even need to go up that high anyway.
slammedram01   +1y

thanks for the reply. it definately needs to go up that high cuz ive already had to notch out about an inch or 2 out of the bracket for the spring. what did you use to prop the hood up after you took the springs out.

slammedram01   +1y

i guess i should have looked at the pictures before i asked that question. lol
layedouton22z   +1y

i just cut the tensioner out of the hinge and it is perfect...obviously you will have to go with a prop rod but i still had a ton of room and t actually is a 90 degree  hood not since its not limited...thats the way to go....a 5 minute fix 
loudciv   +1y

you could look into a 3rd gen hood hinge. i'm not sure how different they are but they use gas pistons to hold the hood up.
slammedram01   +1y

scott do you have pictures of what you did. i think i might do that and put some struts in there to hold it up like adam said about the third gen rams
slammedram01   +1y

anyone else got any ideas before i do this 
layedouton22z   +1y

no man i don't have any with me, but i worried about mine for a couple of weeks and finally ust cut out an arch for it and got rid of the spring...i just got lucky...and i actually cut a good bit and have about two extra inches of clearance when all said and done...it is very sturdy and goes staight up too which is cool...how u keep it up is up to you, but i am looking for a couple of prop rods i can twist together cause that hood is not light!!!!good luck bro..
Page 1 of 1