threads
Page 2 of 3
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  spots to mount a tank in a civic?

spots to mount a tank in a civic?

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1074
replies 26
following 16

DiabolicCustoms   +1y

wow waht are you guys running like 6000 psi in a 5 gallon tank,  i've run the same firestone 5 gallon in three different vehicles continuesly at 200psi all day long in direct sun at times with no hint of a "explosion"
doug118   +1y
Lol I guess you missed the very first post
doug118   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by leydbckWhat year civic? Hatchback, 4 door or 2 door? --------------------------------------------- sorry I missed your post earlier, this phone is a bitch to use on an iphone. its a 98 2 dr  
leydbck   +1y
Edited: 8/11/2009 1:13:16 AM by leydbck

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by doug118---------------------------------------------Originally posted by leydbckWhat year civic? Hatchback, 4 door or 2 door? ---------------------------------------------sorry I missed your post earlier, this phone is a bitch to use on an iphone. its a 98 2 dr              ---------------------------------------------  I can't remember the year but I do remember the civic having a flat floor in the rear for a while(no hump) I was thinking just put the tank on the floor where the hump normally would have been.  I don't think they did that until a little later though. Someone above mentioned using a few 1 gallon tanks. I was thinking the same thing. My cousin has the Firestone helper bag things in the rear of his dodge. He has 2 of the small tanks running his, 1 per bag and they seem to work fine. Granted he has them for heavy loads so they don't get used as often as you would.  The tanks are pretty small, about the size of a cantaloupe. I bet you could fit a few of them and a compressor behind your rear bumper   And to the person who's tank blew up. Wow, I have heard of this happening but wow. Glad nobody was hurt. Was it home made or just a crappy tank? 
bagged4doorcivic   +1y

If you don't have anything mounted to the inside of your trunk lid like tv's or what not you could mount a tank there. I have seen one done on a civic  just not sure how heavy that would make your trunk lid
lost cause   +1y
Edited: 8/11/2009 7:50:19 AM by lost cause

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TiMe_1DO NOT put it inside the car!! I had mine blow up the the truck of my caprice a few weeks ago and it F***ED up all kinds of stuff! Luckily I wasnt in the car and nobody was in the back seat. Find a way to mount it outside behind the bumper or something. Good luck--------------------------------------------- I'll bet it was a chrome "china tank" lol
doug118   +1y
thanks for the help guys...  mounted under the trunk lid would not work either, my box goes from up against my back seat to 2 inches from the back trunk wall, so when i close the lid it would hit the box and the car does have a hump in the middle which is why i was thinking just put it behind the drivers seat also do you knows know the best place to get an air bag kit from? I was looking at suicidedoors.com and their kits seem pretty reasonable
time1   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by lost causeEdited: 8/11/2009 7:50:19 AM by lost cause---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TiMe_1DO NOT put it inside the car!! I had mine blow up the the truck of my caprice a few weeks ago and it F***ED up all kinds of stuff! Luckily I wasnt in the car and nobody was in the back seat. Find a way to mount it outside behind the bumper or something. Good luck---------------------------------------------I'll bet it was a chrome "china tank" lol---------------------------------------------It was a chrome stainless tank from AVS, and its not really that funny....
doug118   +1y
ok I found a solution, so where is the best place to get an air management kit? and do you think 1/2" lines is overkill for a civic?
mr.gl   +1y
Edited: 8/12/2009 12:33:05 PM by groundlevelga

you could cut your spear tire well out and have room for your tank and com. under the car