threads
Page 1 of 3
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  spots to mount a tank in a civic?

spots to mount a tank in a civic?

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1070
replies 26
following 16

doug118   +1y
my trunk is 100% full (5000 watt system) and have been thinking about running bags instead of a static drop, but can't figure out where to mount a tank. those pancake tanks are too tall for my spare tire well, and the shortest normal tank i found was 8". I have 7" behind my back bumper but can't find a tank short enough to fit behind there I thought about behind the drivers seat on the floor since I hate people sitting behind me but how safe is that? I've seen how tanks look if and when they blow up and I don't want that happening right behind my back anyone know if any other ideas or even tanks that are only 7" tall?
gravity5   +1y

behind the rear bumper just build a tank, or under the hood, there is room there, also there is room behind the front bumper too.  Dont forget room for compressors.
low95xlt   +1y

spare tire well if nothing in there or modify spare tire well to go deeper 
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

A side tilt-mount hydraulic pump is 6" tall - something to consider. 
doug118   +1y
No room for batteries for hydros, I have 3 extra batteries as it is.

I would like to stay away from dropping the spare tire well

never thought about up front. I eil have to do some measuring tomorrow

and I'm not sure who could make a tank or how hard it is
time1   +1y

DO NOT put it inside the car!! I had mine blow up the the truck of my caprice a few weeks ago and it F***ED up all kinds of stuff! Luckily I wasnt in the car and nobody was in the back seat. Find a way to mount it outside behind the bumper or something. Good luck
leydbck   +1y
What year civic? Hatchback, 4 door or 2 door? 
doug118   +1y
Will heat from the engine bay effect the tank at all?
vctitty   +1y
did an accord afew years back used 4 one gal. tanks and wrapped the compressors around the side of the bumper basically ditched the reinforcement and absorber and just used the cover
doug118   +1y
Where can I get 1 gallon tanks from?? Or even 2 gallon tanks???