Page 1 of 4
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  STREETBEAT AZ RAGTOP FUN IN THE SUN

STREETBEAT AZ RAGTOP FUN IN THE SUN

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 1617
replies 30
following 15

h8rstyle   +1y
Thinking of throwing one on the 2 Pumped Acura Legend but im afraid that when laying out or playing ill crack or even bend the whole car since im taking from the roof minimizing roof support if that makes any sense. Need advise or your wisdom, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
-H-
ahab   +1y

I love the way they look, but hate that they never close tight and even the electric ones seem to have problems.   I would have to say dont destroy your roof.  I dont think you will have a problem with the roof cracking.  Ive seen wagons with big rags in them doing  huge three wheels without problems.
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
That pic is my old Saturn Wagon Ragtop (that streetbeat did in 2000).  It's common for the corners to crack (even without hydraulics), but the cracks are barely noticable and the look is so nice if you can deal with wind noise and leaks in real heavy downpour rain.  
tre5   +1y

The roof will not crack as easy if you install it correctly. The biggest reason they crack is because of the install. I had a large one in my wagon that I let Street Beat install and it cracked in a matter of months. I installed the one (a power Webasto) on my new accord almost a year ago and it hasn't cracked. Also keep in mind that Street Beat is no longer in AZ. The power ones are very picky. I am going to pull mine out one day because the curve of the roof is too much for the electric motor and I have gone through 2 motors already.
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

Just radius the corners when it's installed and you will reduce (not eliminated) the chances of cracking.  If you plan to do a lot of 3-wheeling with your hydros I would expect consequences whether it be cracking, body flex, etc. They certainly do look cool though.  Is your legend the one that was originally built by Anthony in ? 
20runner   +1y

slidingragtops.com is still in Arizona, and that is the company that the original owner of StreetBeat is running. Bring the rag and my old car??? over and I'll hook you up with an install that will ALMOST guarantee not crack the roof, slider frame might, but not the roof. Post some pics..
jetts   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by AON-4PumpedCLJust radius the corners when it's installed and you will reduce (not eliminated) the chances of cracking.  If you plan to do a lot of 3-wheeling with your hydros I would expect consequences whether it be cracking, body flex, etc. They certainly do look cool though.  Is your legend the one that was originally built by Anthony in ? ---------------------------------------------yea, thats the guy i sold it too..honestly i wouldnt do it.. but ive never been a fan of rag tops, they dont shut worth a shit, nosiey and yea i just dont like them lol
post photo
no1lowr   +1y
buy a webasto. quality is unmatched period. so great, no leaks, perfect electric working rag all the time, NO LEAKS! no cracks. the frame for the rag should offer as much support as the 18 guage sheetmetal fro the factory!

h8rstyle   +1y
Edited: 8/8/2009 2:16:48 PM by h8rstyle

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TOWNLOWslidingragtops.com is still in Arizona, and that is the company that the original owner of StreetBeat is running. Bring the rag and my old car??? over and I'll hook you up with an install that will ALMOST guarantee not crack the roof, slider frame might, but not the roof. Post some pics..---------------------------------------------Thanks for the advise ill definately keep it all in mind. I guess its ultimately up to me and im thinking fun in the sun with an open top is the way to go!where is the shop at TOWNLOW ill try to have it in end of September.  This is the legend built by Anthony of AON. bought it from Bret (killer) back in late 06 put some new wheels on it and a head unit had it and drove it to TX when I got stationed out in El Paso at Ft Bliss sold it in 08 in out here to a retard MP who put a hole in the oil pan and bought it back and fixed it 5 months later right before the retard deployed. So i have it now again i just cant let it go. Its in the shop getting a whole new look, dropped many bills in mechanical crap that it needed but its all smooth now. Ill be finishing this car up by the time i get back from iraq in late 2010 or 2011 it should be complete.   here is what the legend looks like right now unpainted and getting shaved in the shop with bumpers off, took the wheels off and put the stocks on for paint
post photo
post photo
post photo
jetts   +1y

sweet, i still miss this car