Page 2 of 3
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  Raised unibody strut towers

Raised unibody strut towers

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 2846
replies 21
following 16

Twisted Civic   +1y
hey if you decide you want to run air, i have 4 strut bags for sale they ride nice and have an adjustable dampner on them also email me Dweezy81@hotmail.com if your interested
Twisted Civic   +1y

k24 rd6 (Ryan Parma) hey man got any pics of how you do this? as far as the lower control arm? i would really like to take a look at that cause i need to do that to mine!! thanks
slow50   +1y

i seen on honda-tech some one posted pics of a drop spindle for a civic. i guess it would be drop hub.
IMLOWER   +1y

get the drop spindles from ryane motorsports
20runner   +1y

I have some original RYANE MOTORSPORTS drop spindles for sale. Ryane Motorsports sold the plans a LONG time ago and I think they have been through like 3 or 4 companies since then....
20runner   +1y

Home > Honda > Front Lowering SpindlesHonda Front Lowering Spindles    SUPER TRICK FRONT LOWERING SPINDLE (KNUCKLE)Civic / CRX / Integra Front Lowering Spindle!

This is a special front spindle designed to lower the front of the vehicle by 1 1/2" without changing any of the control arm angles relative to the vehicle chassis. This is the industry-approved method of suspension lowering as it does not alter the manufacturer's geometry design.

In automotive circles the word spindle is used to describe an assembly which consists of a spindle, an upright member (which separates the upper and lower ball joints), a steering arm and a variety of brackets for mounting brake components etc. The actual spindle is the shaft about which the wheel rotates. On a "lowering spindle assembly", the shaft is raised in relation to the upright member, thereby having the effect of lowering the vehicle relative to the wheel.

When installing the SUPER TRICK Lowering Spindle Kit, no other changes are required. Because it does not modify the original factory geometry, no camber kits are necessary, no camber problems result, no induced bump-steer and no adverse camber gain.

Applications:'88-'91 Civic'92-'02 Civic'94-'01 Civic with 10.3" Rotor'94-'01 IntegraPlease Call for PricingIMPORTANT WHEEL FITMENT NOTICE:      A minimum of 15" wheels are required. Maximum wheel back side spacing is 143mm (5 5/8"). The back side spacing is measured from the wheel mounting surface to the innermost edge of the wheel rim. The dimensions above INCLUDE the tire bulge, if any.

Wheel size examples to be used as a rough guide: 7" wide with up to 41mm positive off-set 7.5" wide with up to 35mm positive off-set 8" wide with up to 28mm positive off-set  

HT Motorsports will not be held responsible for improper wheel fit. The combination of wheel rim off-set and width will directly affect the tire/ fender clearance. Please keep this in mind when ordering our steering knuckles to fit with your existing wheels or if ordering new wheels to fit with our steering knuckles.     If you are going to lower the front of your Civic, CRX or Integra you need the SUPER TRICK FRONT LOWERING SPINDLE. When used in conjunction with our SUPER LINK LOWERED REAR TRAILING ARM your WHOLE CAR can be lowered 1 1/2 inches!

[Honda / Acura Suspension FAQs]

20runner   +1y

Here's the problem I had with the spindles:  A minimum of 15" wheels are required. Maximum wheel back side spacing is 143mm (5 5/8"). The back side spacing is measured from the wheel mounting surface to the innermost edge of the wheel rim. The dimensions above INCLUDE the tire bulge, if any. Wheel size examples to be used as a rough guide: 7" wide with up to 41mm positive off-set 7.5" wide with up to 35mm positive off-set 8" wide with up to 28mm positive off-set   I was trying to run a 19x7.5 with a 48mm offset and would have had to put a 1 inch spacer between hub and wheel to get the wheel to bolt to hub, but then I wouldn't tuck behind the fenders......  Most wheels sold for Honda's etc. ARE NOT made with the offset they describe that you use, unless you are running some extreme road racing wheels or something. most 7-7.5" wheels are a 40-45mm offset and to run a 8" wheel on front of Honda a tuck, you'd need atleast a 50mm offset..
doug118   +1y
fuck that guy who makes those spindles. I talked to him on the phone one day and he was the biggest piece of shit, if i was within 100 miles of him i would have drop there and punched him right in the mouth  and I had 15x8 with a +15mm offset on the front of my old civic. I'm not worried about offsets at all. I've seen people run 16x9's with a +15mm offset in the front before, just need some camber thats all
sleeepy808   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TOWNLOWI have some original RYANE MOTORSPORTS drop spindles for sale. Ryane Motorsports sold the plans a LONG time ago and I think they have been through like 3 or 4 companies since then....---------------------------------------------do u still have those ryane drop spindles
ep3royalty   +1y
interested in the drop kit email me ep3royalty@yahoo.com,,,