Page 2 of 4
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  Toyota Solara build...HYDROHOLICS.net

Toyota Solara build...HYDROHOLICS.net

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 5267
replies 32
following 19

2ToneSolara   +1y

Any of you Arizona people ever eat at Ritos... a little mexican place. My one of my best friends family runs it and he's from out in Phoenix.
msturg   +1y
look forward to seeing it laid out
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by dajizzsocalDo you guys have a bunch of illegals working behind closed doors? lol  You guys have a ton of projects done in out in a very short time! Keep up the great work!---------------------------------------------Even though this one says hydroholics.net, we are not the ones doing this install. He is doing the install himself, but using our parts. So to answer your question... nope, no illegals working behind closed doors, lol. I am interested to see how low this car gets. Should be cool when it's done.
2ToneSolara   +1y

Yeah I'm doin the install myself that's why I said something about not getting done as fast as the guys at the shop because this is my first suspension build and I'm taking my time to hopefully get it done right on the first time. I didn't notice somebody thought that till a friend pointed it out.  Jeremy, I'm hopin it gets pretty low. I'm concerened about the back not getting as low on the 20s because of the shape of the tubs (they get narrow quick). the front on the other hand should be easy to get low with a little bit of work inside the fender. I thought about goin 18s for a while if it didn't lay right but I just can't do it haha I got to have a 20" or bigger on my cars.
tre5   +1y

I agree, bigger is better 90% of the time. There are a couple cars out there that had bigger wheels on them and they changed to smaller ones to get lower. I wish they would have left the larger size because it looked better. Keep the 20's on it and see where it goes, chances are it won't be the width of the wheel well, it will be the height.
yuhatn   +1y
Edited: 7/28/2009 5:29:38 PM by yuhatn

i think you should do the old blown airbag switch box or the old zach morris cell phone anybody else got any ideas for a switch box we been trying to come up with something

purpl7duece   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by 2ToneSolaraAny of you Arizona people ever eat at Ritos... a little mexican place. My one of my best friends family runs it and he's from out in Phoenix.--------------------------------------------- They have the bomb bean burrito! It's a crazy joint and to say the people who run are rude is an understatement. Looking forward to this build. I always liked Solaras
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5---------------------------------------------Originally posted by dajizzsocalDo you guys have a bunch of illegals working behind closed doors? lol  You guys have a ton of projects done in out in a very short time! Keep up the great work!---------------------------------------------Even though this one says hydroholics.net, we are not the ones doing this install. He is doing the install himself, but using our parts. So to answer your question... nope, no illegals working behind closed doors, lol. I am interested to see how low this car gets. Should be cool when it's done.---------------------------------------------Funny you mention it...my alien card just expired! 
2ToneSolara   +1y

Well I got a couple small updates. The kit finally made it here yesterday afternoon so hopefully things can get going pretty good this weekend. Got my trim plate for the box done and buiilt my amp rack so far this week and I've been gathering parts. I do need some ideas for a switchbox though. I like the blown bag idea a lot and I was thinking bout hollowing out a crazy lookin plastic skull and making a mohawk out of switches with some filed down extensions so they would be spiked. If anybody has any other suggestions feel free to chime in!Trim Plate (Don't mind the black marker lines on the edge or the amp rack at the bottom it's just temp so I can have some music for now) Pump, cylinders, and manifold  Amp Rack (my amp for my mids/highs will sit on the rack "floating" over the amp for my subs. There's about 3/4" between the bottom of the stand and the other amp)  
post photo
post photo
post photo
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

Looking good Shawn.   As far as a switchbox, you can always do the vintage "Knight Rider" lunch box....oh wait, some of you may be too young to remember that show! http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Metal-Knight-Ride-Lunchbox_W0QQitemZ110416750651QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b559e83b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14