Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  Static droppin a Ram?

Static droppin a Ram?

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 789
replies 10
following 8

rovert   +1y
I've decided to do a static drop on my 2008 Dodge Ram reg-cab. What would be the best way?  I thought I would use 2" drop springs and 2" drop spindles (are McGaughty's good?) in the front but don't really know about the rear. Flip Kit? Lowered leafs? I'm going for a 4"-5" or    4"-6".
gimp5561   +1y

the McGaughty kit is great  a flip in the rear is good for daily driving make sure you up date the rear shocks they will bottom out my 1500 is a 3-5 kit i think put it in with 600 miles on it,it is a 2003 has over 60,000 now. my wife drives it every day , and we tow our jet ski's with no prob.very easy to install also..
gimp5561   +1y

but noone makes a damn thing for a 2wd 3500 dodge
cantlooswit22s   +1y

umm,im not sure but i wana say that the 08s are 4-linked with coils in the rear. or did they start that with the 09s?

gimp5561   +1y

09 is the 4 linked ones
rovert   +1y

Thanks for the help
Jance Customs   +1y

Do the spindles and the coil springs and a flip kit. Lower leaf spring are a horrible ride! You can always get the air bag helper kit to smooth out the rear and it will help if you haul any heavy loads.
rovert   +1y

Which shocks should I use? I was thinking Nitro Drop, but which model?
fredstinting   +1y

buy djm calmax shocks
90DIME   +1y

i have a 08 four door that i just droped with the mcgaughys kit springs up front and a flip kit in the rear for a 2-4.5 drop i have about 2000 miles on it so far and no problems rides pretty good too