Page 1 of 1
Dodge Trucks \  2004 ram tailgate skin

2004 ram tailgate skin

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 902
replies 5
following 5

katkilla   +1y
lookin for a combo for my Dodge but not having any luck. any idea where to find one? already checked grant and fbi. lookin for the roll pan tailgate combo. only finding ones for dakotas and older rams
thacru78   +1y
Edited: 5/16/2009 7:30:27 PM by thacru78

Not gonna find one either...Grant needs the bed to make one...I've made 2 of them...one I used factory tailgate...cut the skin off of it...then formed a rollpan and welded it to the bottom of the tailgate...it worked but wasn't the best. Needed more mud than I cared to use to make it perfect. The second one I made...I used a solid piece of 16 ga...formed the top bend to match the bedrails...then rolled it to fit the rear curve. It turned out really good...needed almost no mud work. But it took me a couple days to get the tools rigged up to bend it. I have a rollpan I bought from Grant that is contoured and doesn't have the bend on the top...it is flat and designed to weld to the stock tailgate skin. I paid $250 for it cause it was custom made. It's been sitting in my attic since I got it...If you want it i'll take $125 for it and meet you halfway. It has the LIC plate box already welded in the bottom center..i'll get some pics of it and post them. Here's the 2 skins i've done on my beds.... The skin i made outta 16ga....The primer is garbage...I know...I hate it.  In progress pic on the skin I made out of 16ga...Most don't believe it was a solid piece...here's my proof.    Skin i made using the stock tailgate...main problem I had with this is the tailgate kinda bows out...therefore the rollpan had to bow out...as well as roll down...I don't have the tools to do that so most of the roll was made with constant beating with a rubber mallet....it worked and looked ok but wasn't what I wanted. The rollpan I got from Grant has the needed contours to make it work. But I really like the look without the top body line...so I didn't use the rollpan. Please buy it...LOL Let me know if you'd be interested in that rollpan...I have no use for it at all. Hit me up 254-493-4001.
post photo
post photo
post photo
loudciv   +1y
before you paint it BIG, wrap that lower body line thru the skin
post photo
FCKNLOW   +1y

i would be intrested in that roll pan.
thacru78   +1y
Make an offer....Like i said I paid $250 for it and it has been sitting in the attic...If I can recoup any of that money id be happy...hit me up on pm of text...254-493-4001
FCKNLOW   +1y

i sent you a PM  let me know if you didnt get it my computer is acting up.
Page 1 of 1