Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  dodge d50 ????

dodge d50 ????

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1033
replies 11
following 10

bagged91mazda   +1y
I am going to go look at a d50.What does it take to lay the front of one of those trucks out.Do you need spendels and everything or what.Also can you flip the ball jpintsa on those or not.
dragggn   +1y

Well- i dont know the answer to all those questions... but i do know that my buddy chopped all the body bushings down and was able to ALMOST lay rocker on 17s.(bodybropless  bodydrop!!)
mazduhb   +1y

to lay full frame u need 2 have the front z'd like a c-10.
bagged91mazda   +1y

do you have pics of his almost bodydrop truck.Also I was doing some reading I was told all you have to do is buy drop spindels and do alot of modifying the x member and some other stuff.I was told you dont need to z the frame but it is easier.Is this true.Also does anyone on here go to the mightymaxd50 forum.If so why cant I regester.It says I have to answeer the nospam question but there isnt one help
daudioman24   +1y
not sure if this is allowed on here but, i own a Mitsubishi Mighty Max (same as the dodge D50) and there is a web site that is dedicated for these trucks and that is www.MightyD50.com go there and they can direct you in all your D-50 questions.  oh and i am a senior member there as well.
slow50   +1y
Edited: 4/30/2009 10:03:18 PM by ineedatruck

ya you need drop spindles and you do need to z it one inch or section the front crossmember but if you do that the drag link is really close to the ground. you also gota cut most of the spring pocket out and pie cut the uppers im almost done with the front of mine and it was alot of work. mine will barely lay on a 24 inch tire. but if you have past issues of mt they did a mighty max that layed on a 27 inch tire also only aim makes spindles for these trucks
bagged91mazda   +1y

I tried to register there but it wont let me can you help out there.Buddy
D350   +1y
Edited: 5/1/2009 2:29:56 AM by D350

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by ineedatruckEdited: 4/30/2009 10:03:18 PM by ineedatruckya you need drop spindles and you do need to z it one inch or section the front crossmember but if you do that the drag link is really close to the ground. you also gota cut most of the spring pocket out and pie cut the uppers im almost done with the front of mine and it was alot of work. mine will barely lay on a 24 inch tire. but if you have past issues of mt they did a mighty max that layed on a 27 inch tire also only aim makes spindles for these trucks---------------------------------------------This guys pretty much got the idea.  I have the first generation D50 and I'm assuming (because of popularity) you have a second generation truck. Even though the bodies are VERY different I can tell you that the frames and suspension are exactly the same.  You can check out my build thread on this site... www.streetsource.com/forum/topic.aspx?topic_id=105929&page=1  I have 2 inch drop spindles and a 2 inch frame Z.  That lays me out with a 26 inch tire with room to spare.  The only thing holding me back on tire size is the unforgiving design of the first generation D50s front fenders.  Hope this helps!  Good luck with it.  They're good little trucks. 
3day   +1y
Edited: 5/1/2009 11:32:27 AM by 3DAY

Here are some pics of a buddies D5o that he built quite a few years ago. B/D on 18s with a sectioned cross member, no "Z" and 2 inch drop spindles. Some people around the northwest might remember the truck since Joe used to hop the shit out of it at every show he went to.