Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  Wishbone on a '08 Ram?

Wishbone on a '08 Ram?

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 519
replies 12
following 9

rovert   +1y
Could I run a wishbone setup on the rear of my ram AND keep the gas tank stock?
loudciv   +1y
Edited: 4/20/2009 8:31:41 PM by loudciv

not 100% positive on the 08s, but if they are the same as the rest of the 3rd gen rams, the problem is the tank hangs below the frame rail (no it cant be raised enough).why are you against doing a fuel cell?
rovert   +1y

I'm not really against a cell, but this will be a daily and I wanted to keep it as simple as possible atleast in the rear since the front won't be very simple at all.
thacru78   +1y

Daily or not...regardless the stock plastic tank wil sit on the ground when layed out. Even if you raise it as far as you can....you'd have to notch the cab floor and bed floor to raise it far enough to be safe....just get you a cell man...you wont regret it.
loudciv   +1y
Edited: 4/21/2009 3:12:44 PM by loudciv

there are enough places that can build a cell, you probably could get one to fit in the stock location so you could keep it simple. give em the dimensions of the stock tank & have them take 2 or 3 inches off the bottom. the pump is spring loaded, just make sure it will compress enough to fit in the new dimensions. btw: dodges aren't simple
post photo
rovert   +1y

Thanks guys. I guess I will get a cell
Killa_G   +1y

you can run a wishbone and relocate the gas tank on the 06-08's.
pugz   +1y
ask mitch severedtx on here i believe. call 281-442-1050 he has an 08 or 09 layed with a wishbone
FCKNLOW   +1y

Chopped Mazda (Taylor) bulit me a fuel cell that  uses all of the stock hardware. you mght wanna check it out.
Killa_G   +1y

he has an 09. completely different than an 08. nfamous is doing an 08 with a wishbone and stock tank right now.