Page 5 of 6
Under Construction \  Build up of my 94 Caprice

Build up of my 94 Caprice

Under Construction General Discussions
views 3627
replies 53
following 28

rockstar-c10   +1y

Well i decided to ditch the factory 4 link to get the rear end lower and in order to keep the rear seat i am going with a 2 link. I cut out the factory crossmember and lower link bar mounts and started on the crossmember to mount the 2 link to.Test fitting the crossmemberNotch for the driveshaftNotch sealed upIll have more tomorrow
loktow   +1y

Lookin good...
rockstar-c10   +1y

Today i cut off the factory axle bracketsPlasma cut them offAnd 30 mins of grinding
rockstar-c10   +1y
Finished the 2 link and got them installedStill need to do the finish welds, add shocks and new bag mounts and paint it with undercoating
post photo
post photo
post photo
tukn18saccord   +1y

im sorry but that dont look safe, why not make a mount coming down off the rear end and make that bar a complete dog bone. looks to me like there is nothing going thru the hole on the lower bracket to keep it from moving back and forth. i could be wrong but looks unsafe and rushed alittle
rockstar-c10   +1y
Its a 2 link! thats how they mount as said before i wanted to keep my rear seat so no room for anything else, the axle saddle is welded to the axle with a bolt through the top of the 2 link to hold it in place, both 2x2 bars are wleded together and will be plated on the rear, there is no rushing going on i ve been working on the rear end for 3 months.Lays flat As far as it not looking "safe" looks alot like this other than the detail of paint and chrome
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
driptruck   +1y

That is nice! I am going the same route with my 65 malibu rag.  I am planing on putting the bags under the rear seat area with a tube bridge to mount the bags.  I will make the rear seat removable so at shows you can see the suspension detail.  Yours looks very similar good job!
jimmy726   +1y

no panhard, or drag link????
rockstar-c10   +1y

Its going to have a diaganol track bar, no room for a pan hard
jimmy726   +1y

hell yeah i cant wait to see it rolling man