threads
Page 1 of 2
Sport Compact General \  Fastest 4 and 6 cylibnder fwd car ??

Fastest 4 and 6 cylibnder fwd car ??

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 3501
replies 15
following 12

Idragit   +1y
Theres a class at my local circle track where you can race a car, must be stock, seat 4, fwd, no turbo or supercharger or special edition..they have both 4 and 6 cylinder classes.....Which car should I be looking for?
pmiller   +1y

Is there an engine size limitation?  If you're running a 4 cyl, you could maybe find a honda prelude.  Depending on year model they have 2.0 -2.3L engines.  Good power and get up fast.  A fast car isn't going to always win the race.  What's a fast car if you can't drive it.  Where you gonna race?  We live in the same town.  Are you gonna race here in sumter on the dirt track?  Just find the cheapest thing you can find that's still running.  Drive the crap out of it and then get another.  Timmonsville has the same kind of class.  It's an asphalt track.  My dad takes pics at that track almost everyweekend.  There is probably more info on his site, SCMSRN.com.  A neon would probably be great as well.
get twisted   +1y
what kind of motor mods can you do?  i had 5gs into  a neon all motor daily driver that ran 13 sec 1/4 miles all day long with full interior power everything and a system she was a sleeper 1996 two door ACR powered up SCCA 'd her for two years in sedan modified class she had KW full coil overs  eibach sway bars solid metal/billet motor mounts control arm bushings sway bar mounts no flex stitched welded most of the engine bay and trunk bracing every where  got band from class and had to go super modified and was out ran by full out race cars but i could hang with in .5 sec time slips with them  good tires are a plus if its paved or dirt  seen one guy with a 2.5l sebring swap that had crazy torque 12.2 1/4 mile times all stock car and motor
Idragit   +1y

no size limitations...no mods..or at least none that can be easily seen!...Ithought of a prelude, acura of course, 16 valve saturn, 2.5 altima...trying to think of others.. Yeah It will be here in sumter..I have a few options already...lookin at a 1st gen eclipse..
jetts   +1y
Edited: 3/29/2009 11:27:55 PM by puponair

go baller and get an acura nsx amazing track car 
post photo
SoloSpecialties   +1y

nissan maxima's,95+. if they have to be stock thats what you want haha,they walk on any hondas lmao. i had a 97 with the 3 liter v6,full exhaust and an intake and it embarassed gt mustangs i'd check into those...
SoloSpecialties   +1y

scratch that..what kinda circle track lol,dirt or asphalt lol.
CCtuckinlexaniz   +1y

i second the acura NSX, but i bit pricey
SoloSpecialties   +1y

i dont think they seat 4 tho lol..idk only seen 1 in person haha
vcminitrucker4lyfe   +1y
i'm not really into four cylindar car but the most fun one i've drivin is the one my buddy bought his wife. 03 Acura RSX Type S 210hp 6sp totally stock. Comes with racing seats from the factory. All thats been done to it now is a short ram air intake and a cat delete and its pretty impressive for a four banger car.