threads
Page 1 of 2
Audio/Video \  What are some good brands today?

What are some good brands today?

Audio/Video Q & A
views 2173
replies 16
following 16

Layumon22s   +1y
I've kinda been out of the car-audio scene for about the last 3-4 years, have basically been relying on my old information which doesn't mean crap anymore because audio companies have been getting bought up and shipped to India for the last few years. What are some good brands, still? I know about all the stuff at Best Buy and what used to be Circuit City. Fosgate, pioneer, sony, bazooka, etc. looking for something a little more quality related and not overrated, maybe someone like how Orion, PPI, or US Amps, used to be. I know US AMPS is still around and still making good stuff, just looking for some other companies... just looking for relatively "big" (2K watts or more) 2-channel and mono amps as well as nice subs
stockfloored93   +1y
Edited: 3/22/2009 10:17:02 PM by stockfloored93

mmatsproaudio.com , its what i have in both my trucks, and ive been really happy with it, its made here in florida too. also FI audio and sundown audio make good stuff.
nvrenufedge   +1y
You might also check Hertz. http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/. I'm gonna run two Hi-Energy 10's and a set of Hi-Energy components off a Audison amp. Hertz makes a 2K & a 3K amp.
ShakinPlates   +1y
Edited: 3/23/2009 3:58:55 PM by ShakinPlates

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Zip_TydI ran 3 12" Fosgate T2's in my first Tacoma, along with 3 T11500x1 bd mono Fosgate amps. All wired at 2 Ohm. zero gauge wiring for power, a 5 farad cap, extra battery, bigger alternator, the works. It was loud as FUCK! Thousands put into it. I will always stay with Fosgate. That's all I have ever owned since I was 16. That was my first system, and it was legendary!---------------------------------------------x2. What makes Fosgate really shine will never be sold at Best Buy and thats their Power Series. I know there is alot of bad talk about these guys but to have one of the worlds largest electronics retail chain buy into some your product line (Punch Series) has to mean that they are doing something right. You can look into Adire, Elemental Designs, MMats, US AMPS/RE AUDIO, Fi, etc but I think you could get best bang for your buck out of Fosgate. I once hated Fosgate too until i started running their product... They are very serious about getting their name out there too. Any employee who works for a authorized dealer knows what Im talking about...
tre5   +1y
Edited: 3/23/2009 4:07:11 PM by tre5

I am running Realm audio. It is made by Scosche. I am running 2 12's with an 1100.1 mono block running those, and a 6 1/2" component set with a 600.2 amp running those. The sound is great. I also love the looks of it. I am running all scosche wiring. Zero gauge from my Kinetik 1800 through a digital fuse holder, to a fused digital distribution block where it splits to 4 gauge and into the amps. I couldn't be happier with my setup!!!  
post photo
svrdfknties   +1y

US Amps is still good or even their RE Audio stuff is good... We have a Yaris in our shop all RE and US Amps and it pounds harder then most with twice the subs and power.....
Lowered Depths   +1y
I'm running a pair of ARC Audio Flatline 12's, Morel Elite 3-ways, morel elite 6 1/2 components, ARC Audio SE 4000 mono amp and Arc Audio SE4200 4 channel, with a Alpine IVA-W505 double DIN, all Stinger wiring, Ohio generator 300amp alternator, no cap, optima red top under the hood, and a kinetik HC 2400 battery in the back.  The stereo is unbelievably clear and loud.  I am putting an Audiocontrol DQXS with DDC in next, just waiting for it to come in.  I also have an EPIC 160 that helps filter noice before it goes to the mono amp.
FreelandKustomz   +1y
Asking this question is a hard matter of a fact to determine. its a combination between actually being a good product and someones oppinion. Just because kicker works well for one person doesnt mean there isnt something out that there that will eat it alive in quality and be cheaper in price. Its tough. Its like hard alcohol, some stuff gets you drunk for cheap and others taste WAY better and get you even more drunk! All a matter of oppinion .
Layumon22s   +1y
^^ I do agree but most can agree on what is "quality" say something like US Amps with a proven track record over someone like Boss audio who over rates everything they've every produced. I wouldn't take anyones word for it without doing some more research on my own first, just looking for some companies to start researching.. thanks for everyones input so far