threads
Page 1 of 2
Audio/Video \  Chevy Venture WB Flip down TV question!!!!

Chevy Venture WB Flip down TV question!!!!

Audio/Video Q & A
views 958
replies 11
following 7

DOWNHERE   +1y
I replaced my factory stereo with a flip out tv on my 2001 Venture hoping I could run an RCA to the flip down tv in the back so it would show whats showing on the front...  But once I took the radio out and replaced it, the flip down stopped working.  I tried to get info and I herd that the flip down has a lower voltage...  I live in ny and there is like 10" of snow outside... I would go out there and trouble shoot with a multimeter but too cold.  Anyone know anything about this?????????
ShakinPlates   +1y

Is the flipdown factory? Was the flipdown tied in with the factory radio?

3yrididit   +1y
that might help...dont know where it came from,but i bet its real

post photo
DOWNHERE   +1y

It is a factory flip down TV that came with the 2001 wb edition ventures that also had a VCR.  After I swaped the head unit, The TV stopped powering up.  I know I can just find the wire that powers the TV up also, but I was told that the TV isnt 12v.

3yrididit   +1y

that is strait from GM, u prob need to look at the antenna signal thats where you get, what is used as the "switched ignition"

DOWNHERE   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by 3yrididit that is strait from GM, u prob need to look at the antenna signal thats where you get, what is used as the "switched ignition" ---------------------------------------- You think so?  Bc the TV has a switch that automatic turns it on once u flip it down... even when the radio is off... You may be right though!

ShakinPlates   +1y

If its truly factory, you will have to find the turn on lead in the plug and tap the radios remote wire into it. I doubt the the actual turnon lead would be 5v but I could be wrong. Not sure how you would convert the audio/video signal though. Does the Flipdown have video inputs in it?

DOWNHERE   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by ShakinPlates If its truly factory, you will have to find the turn on lead in the plug and tap the radios remote wire into it. I doubt the the actual turnon lead would be 5v but I could be wrong. Not sure how you would convert the audio/video signal though. Does the Flipdown have video inputs in it? ---------------------------------------------Yea, it has inputs... Thats why I know that all i need is to power it up!

3yrididit   +1y

DUDE I WORK FOR GM AND GOT THAT FROM SI200, GMS DATA BASE. THE REASON IT TURNS IN WHEN YOU FLIP IT DOWN IS IT ALREADY HAS THE SIGNAL TO TURN ON FROM THE ANTENNA CIRCUIT. ITS 12 VOLTS! I CANT HELP YOU ANY MORE...