Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  pup small block swap

pup small block swap

Isuzu Make Specific
views 369
replies 8
following 8

obscenekreationz   +1y
i have a 92 pup and i just got my small block, time to install that bia......... i need to know what has to be cut as far as the fire wall is concerned, i am running a turbo 350 also any tips would be appriciated.... thanx
poppasmurf   +1y
the only 3 things that i needed to do to get a small block in mine was to make new motor mounts, tub the wire wall for the distributor and make a new crossmember. check out mine.

obscenekreationz   +1y

it looks like you had to cut the floor for the tranny too.... will the ac box still fit????

low_isuzu   +1y

i have seen it sone with no cutting. they ran a mallory dist. for clearance. they didnt cut the drive tunnle (used a turbo 350) and the firewall was stock uncut/ unbashed.  thats all the info i know.

eatinpavement   +1y

i did a 4.3 with 700r4 without cutting the firewall. just had to do a little reshaping at the top of the tunnel for the point on top of the bellhousing.
brianbgboy   +1y

hey papasmurf, what headers are you running, and did they bolt in?  thanks, brian
Layumon22s   +1y
does anybody know if this holds for the pre-87 pups? something i've looked into doing to the spacecab way in the future
bobby7m   +1y

Definitely a pain if you live in Cali like me. I got pulled over finally for having Fl tags while living in San Diego.  I was in the military but when I got out I never changed the tags because the truck was in pieces and would never pass smog.  I've got a SBF 289 in mine and I love it.  Cost me 3x's as much to build but it looks pretty good in there and since everyone does 350's I had to be different.  I clear the hood and all I did was make some new motor mounts.  Yeah I rebuilt the firewall and floorboards anyway so I wouldn't really be able to tell you where you need to cut but one thing was for certain.  I hate the distributor being in the back under the firewall.  F-that.  I like mine right up front for all to see and its easier to work on.  Check out my profile for some pics. 
bdydrppup   +1y

use a short water pump for exta clearance and a small MSD distributor. newer bodies have waaay more room under the hood. prob no or minor cutting. trent, with the scab not being boddied may not be so bad. but mine havin a 4 1/4 bd i hada cut the firewall and tranny tunnel out
Page 1 of 1