kinetik battery

Audio/Video Q & A
views 1414
replies 8
following 9

rolnlow   +1y
Edited: 2/8/2009 6:58:35 PM by rolnlow

Edited: 2/8/2009 6:13:54 PM by rolnlow

I had posted on here a year ago asking about kinetik batteries and every one said to get one, so I purchased one on April 28th 2008, and today I went out to try and start my truck and it was died, it has only been a month or two since last started. so I put the charger on it for a few hours and tried it again, nothing it wont even hold a charge. I should of believed the article I found (http://www.stingerelectronics.com/thetruth/) put I went a head a purchased a kinetik anyway to support a company that supports minitruckers. I am going back to running stinger batterys.
has anyone else had a bad experience with Kinetik batteries?

CCtuckinlexaniz   +1y
wow thats too bad. i never had a kinetik battery, but i only hear good things about them. well i guess ill just stick wit my optiuma

KEEF   +1y
We have a truck at the shop right now that sat for 3 months with comps wired straight to battery so anytime pressure gets low they run(we didnt wire it this way).......It started with no problems actually had to spin alot due to it being an old truck. Now thats its been in shop we run the comps several times a week without starting the truck and it hasnt ever failed to start with no boosters, chargers or anything...... Ive heard nothing but good until now and have experienced nothing good, altho any man made merchandise is subject to fail. Why not have it warrantied and try another??? we actually have a car with Stingers in the shop that will never start on its own but i dont hate Stinger batteries because of it!!!!!!!!

Mulligan   +1y
I have had great experiances with my Kinetik. I got a $40 Battery Tender a bit ago to run on it while its in the garage...which is a good investment regardless of what battery you have!
simple-pleasurez   +1y
i am sure one of the kinetik guys will see this and set everything right. have you tried hitting them up?  this is the first bad thing i have heard about them. I currently have a stinger and have loved it... but it seems like my 1 380c viair is starting to drain it... my next batt will be kinetik...
mazdaon19s   +1y
I have one on my Mazda and it will die all the time if it just sits there but if i drive it alot never had a problem
Layumon22s   +1y
i love my kinetik. my 1800 on my f150 did need a a recharge after sitting untouched for 4 months but that was pretty expected. put a slow trickle charger on it for about 6 hours and it's been fine ever since. also have a 800 that I use to crank up my f150. both work fine. My f150 sat for over 3 weeks untouched and my 4 viair 480s kicked on when I turned the key over and it still cranked up just fine.   just put one of the new 1200 on my PUP today. 
4uh8rs   +1y

Kinetik will warranty the cell.i use kinetik in every vehicle i have and never have a problem with them.i can get you in touch with someone there if u would like

erikharbour   +1y
Justin,   Let me first say THANKS for using KINETIK!  now let me get into your situation...  No matter whos battery it is if over time sitting assuming you let it charge before u turned it offit will eventually die if a few things are going on behind the scenes... An amp doenst fully turn off, an alarm with a slight over draw of even a 1A , or your compressor setup draws slightly while turned off..  See for a full charged power cell to just die is virtually impossible YES the old school batteries would no matter what but with our technology there is no shelf life so to speak, but if you turn it off uncharged and still have drains on the electrical system that you might not even know of then this happens...   My dodge for example... Sits all the time hell i dont even know exactly where it is sitting right now havent seen it in weeks but i can assure you it will crank no problem.  After SEMA it sat here until Jan un touched and YES it cranked right up!  i have an HC800 under my dash that is the only cell the starter is attached to and as you might or might not know i have a ton of audio video compressors and a computer on board so you could see i could have a drain there but still no problem...     Most show type or non driven vehicles on a daily basis need to atleast be cranked everyday or every few days just to get the juices flowing think about you sleeping for months you wouldnt be worth much when you first woke up ya know!  best things to do is to 1. crank it once a week let it run for a bit.. 2. make sure your compressors are off and all audio off and let it run for a few before you turn it off for months 3. use a good tender or power supply to maintain the cell if you know you will have it parked for months at a time..   And as it says above let us know if you have a problem first we are generally quick to figure it out help your situation even after the replacement to see what caused it to fail, our return rate is less than 1% and honestly i bet with a good charger and some time you can bring that one back to life!  if you have a standard trickle charger you need to leave it for a couple fo days if you hvae a good mutli stage intelligent style charger that can do like 80A then you could get it back to life in a matter of hours but again a simple jump start wont fix it you would have to jump the car and then drive at about 60MPH for 6 or more hours to get a good charge in so its best to get it on a good charger instead..   Assuming you bought it from a legitamte dealer they should swap it out for you... if not email me at erikh@kinetikaudio.com and ill get it rolling for you on my end!   sorry for the book here but i know we can figure out what happend here so it doesnt happen again...   Thanks Erik
Page 1 of 1