Page 2 of 2
Sport Compact General \  scion tc or jetta

scion tc or jetta

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 805
replies 19
following 18

cap10rob   +1y

DO NOT GET THE VW!!!  M wife has a Jetta, and out of the 13 cars I've owned, it is by far the worst.  Nothing but problems, you name it, it has gone wrong with her car (plus they look bland as hell).  I know nothing about Scion, but it has to be better than a VW.  personally, I'd get a MINI, but that is just me.  Wanna buy a Jetta, I have one I'll make you a great deal on! LOL

Layumon22s   +1y
I don't know what year models you are looking at but my girlfriend had a 2002 Jetta from 2004-2007, low mileage when she got it, ~18000, and it was nothing but problems. Transmission just about fell out, interior panels always falling off, 2 window motors went out at 25K, electrical problems out the ass, radio went out, then the dash lights, she would burn through headlights about every 5 months, and it always smelled like crayons. I had 2 other friends with VWs and they all smell like crayons, for FOREVER!
ShakinPlates   +1y

tc.... alot easier and cheaper to fix on the side of the road....

mreed   +1y

I got my wife a tC.  Buying it was pretty cool because she got to pick just about everything from seats & shifter knob to the wheels & suspension.  She hates it though...she's had it since 2007 & it's starting to become a rattle trap.  Hasn't had any problems with it but she feels like it's just slapped together and the dash is a pain in the ass to keep clean.  I like it.  Whenever she makes up her mind about what she would rather have I'd love to juice it with some Hydroholics stuff.

SIKaltima   +1y
definitly go with the scion... my ex was into all that german stuff and when something broke (which was often) i was the one there cursing at the damn thing... toyotas are so much easier to work on... and less expensive too
KNDAlow   +1y
im gonna go with the majority here. a good friend of mine got a tc the year they came out and, she hasnt had any problems at all. aside from her crashing into things, i dont think anything costly has needed to be repaired or replaced.
k24 rd6   +1y

Definately the TC. Toyotas are designed way better. If you ever want to work on or modify it the TC is the better choice. The VW may have a more upscale feel to it inside but that is about the only positive for it. 

TEEBAGGINNN   +1y
My chick just bought a new Wolfsberg edition Jetta. I have driven all of the Scion models and would for sure trust the Jetta any day over any of the Scion models. It also has a turbo 2.0l engine s it has no problems getting on the highway or getting out of someones way unlike a Scion.
CCtuckinlexaniz   +1y

i would go wit the scion tc! even if u wont let u bag it there is still a lot of after market parts for it, more then the VW

lowkid37   +1y
idk what she is gonna get anymore she keeps changing her mind lol i guess its just a chick thing