Page 1 of 2
Sport Compact General \  scion tc or jetta

scion tc or jetta

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 799
replies 19
following 18

lowkid37   +1y
my girlfriend is getting a new car and she cant decide on which one to get, we like both of them its just a hard decision. and she wont let me bag it so it will be all stock.
OldSkool720   +1y

sounds like you need a new girlfriend

standardbyker88   +1y
i would say go for the scion. lots of bolt on stuff available, toyota reliablilty, the stock wheels are sick and they arent VW. vws hate me. every time i touch one i bleed.
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
I say get the VW...I like scions a lot, but there a LOT of them. 

And I know the loophole about not being able to bag it, it's called JUICE! 

kaoss   +1y
Do you have a VW dealership and a Toyota Dealership? This would be important in case that VW breaks. I would call and get prices on simple things like water pump, alternator, the normal stuff that goes wrong on vehicles, and see what the difference is to get them fixed if they happen to break.

boooghar   +1y
me pesonaly I would get the VW just cause of the german engineering, but have you ever priced a replacement starter and install ...

scotto79   +1y
I would go with the Scion, German engineering is garbage at best.  Everyone I know with an Audi or VW has had serious problems with wiring.  My brother had his Audi at the shop for 3 months to find whats draining his battery.  They did 3 alternators, and traced as many wires as possible.  Every wire was pulled so tight to save money, that they were cracking from stress.  Other than that, I can think of at least 5 other VWs that have had something go seriously wrong in the first 5 years.  Thats why I would never even consider one anymore.

kaoss   +1y

Also, what would you rather have? You will get married one day, she will get a new car and you will be stuck with her old one.

lowkid37   +1y
ya i know that vw's are not cheap and i have also heard bad and good things about them, and yes we have all the dealers around here. and as far as me getting her hand me downs lol that will never happen if we are together that long, i got my trucks haha
smctoy   +1y

go with the tc...great car & yes there are alot of them, but so what.