Audio/Video \  mazda needs bass

mazda needs bass

Audio/Video Q & A
views 537
replies 10
following 7

shagee2001   +1y
Edited: 1/8/2009 7:35:26 PM by shagee2001

Ok... i have a single cab mazda with bucket seats out of an eclipse. I'm a fat boy and i need my seat all the way back. What would be my best option on a sub enclosure. I'm thinking one 10 in a console/box between the seats. Problem is.... i want it to hit hard.  Lets see some pics of single cab setups, box specs and how well it sounds. Thanks 
shagee2001   +1y

anyone?

phr0zN   +1y
Hmmm, the console should work, but it has been done over and over again.  If you are looking for something different, one idea I can come up with since you are running small rims and rubber is to cut out the floorboard where it angles up to the firewall, then build a metal box and weld it in with enough depth and airspace for a shallow mount sub.  Then build your box, flush mount the sub and grill, wire it up and lay the carpet back over it.  Totally hidden and should provide plenty of bass.   Like I said, just and idea....    

TwistedMinis   +1y
Earthquake SWS 8" subs. They beat out a single 800W 10" I had in my Mustang, but they can't really beat a pair of 10s. They are clear, and I like them. They stay clear up to the loudest volume I can handle myself.  
post photo
shagee2001   +1y

That box would deff be different Will.     Seth, think i could angle those boxes more at the top to give me more room to move my seat back? I also thought about doing just a box behind the pass seat cause nobody rides with me much.

tre5   +1y

blow through???

TwistedMinis   +1y
Ya you could definitely angle them back more. My seat is a bench and I can get it all the way back, but I do think it would need to be angled to get buckets in and all the way back. The subs are only about 2" deep and only ask for a 1/4" of clearance between them and the back of the box.
shagee2001   +1y

ohhh ok. So those are the swallow subs.... that should work out good. I never thought i'd be thinking about earthquakes. But i trust your judgement on things. You are deff an asset to SSM and mini truckin in general. Thanks man.

slammedstroller   +1y

here's my old setup

TwistedMinis   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by shagee2001 ohhh ok. So those are the swallow subs.... that should work out good. I never thought i'd be thinking about earthquakes. But i trust your judgement on things. You are deff an asset to SSM and mini truckin in general. Thanks man. --------------------------------------------- Ya, I like them. I had an issue with one not working sometimes, but they sent me a new one and I did not even buy direct from them. I heard they where nicer than Pioneer's shallow sub, so that's why I bought them. I hear that JL came out with a shallow sub after I got these, but I think I remember them being deeper. I won't say they are the nicest sub, because there where some things I didn't care for in comparison to my JVC. And they are kind of low output, so I have my amp turned down. But I am happy with them. You have to go into this knowing that they will not sound as nice as a full depth 8" or 10" sub though. But I like them a lot better than nothing.